Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally for all of those who have been inquiring and waiting patiently for the release of the MBX Ultimate Dual Feed Fuel Pressure Regulator Kits, wait no more, they are here!!!!!!!!

First and foremost, i would like to thank the MANY Probe/Mazda owners who have made our Ultimate FPR kits so successful.

It is with great honor that we are introducing our latest Dual Feed Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit's that will be on our new website very soon.

Each kit is the same as our Ultimate FPR Kit, but utilizes the 2nd port that is currently capped by the -6an boss plug. It now has a -6an straight out from the 2nd port to the 2nd rail deleting the banjo bolts with our straight banjo fittings allowing both rails to have equal pressure from the same Fuel Pressure Regulator.

If you are one of the lucky ones to already have our MBX Ultimate FPR Kit, dont worry, there is an upgrade option for you to purchase to transform your current kit into the MBX Ultimate Dual Feed Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit

Here is a list of everything included in our MBX Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Kits:

MBX Complete Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator (normally $139)
"NEW" 1 1/2" 0-100 PSI Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge (Normally $35)
MBX Polished Billet Fuel Rail adapter (Normally $37.50)

All Aeroquip Fittings:

(2) 24"-6AN Braided Fuel Line
(1) 12"-6AN Braided Fuel Line
(3) Nitrile 0-Rings
(2) -6an to -6an Straight Fittings for FPR
(1) Blue Anodized Boss Plug
(1) 1/8" NPT to -6an straight
(4) -6an Compression Fittings with clamps
(4) Re-useable swivel -6an Straight Fittings
(1) Banjo bolt replacement metric to -6an Fitting

This kit will work on all Ford/Mazda 2.0/2.2/2.5 models
*Note* The 4 cylinder models will have a few leftover fittings and some fuel line that is not used! The fuel Rail adapters fit each model Ford Probe and Mazda MX-6/626/MX-3

Retail Total $350.00
MBX Sale Price $260.00 Shipped

Here is a list of everything that is added to the MBX Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator kits to convert to the MBX Ultimate Dual Feed Fuel Pressure Regulator kits! Please note that there is 12 additional fittings along with 6 feet of additonal braided fuel line added to our original fpr kits!

Aeroquip Fittings

(2) MBX Banjo bolt replacement metric to -6an Fittings ($30.00)
(1) NOS -6an Male Tri-Y Block ($39.99)
(1) -6an Straight Male fittings with Nitrile O-ring for 2nd port of FPR (Replaces Blue Anodized Boss Plug) ($6.00)
(1) -6an Female 180 degree Re-useable Swivel -6an to -6an hose fitting ($26.00)
(1) -6an Female 150 degree Re-useable Swivel -6an to -6an hose fitting ($26.00)
(4) Re-useable swivel -6an Straight Fittings ($30.00)
(2) Feet of Super Red Hose Techniques Vacuum hose for FPR ($5.00)
(6) Feet of Braided Stainless -6an Fuel Line ($36.00)

Retail Total $198.99
MBX Sale Price $165.00 Shipped
(*Note*) This option is for all of those who have our MBX Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Kits and are converting to our MBX Dual Feed Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit!

Here is a list of everything included in our MBX Ultimate Dual Feed Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit:

Retail Total $548.99
MBX Sale Price $420.00 Shipped

(1) Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
(1) "NEW" 1 1/2" 0-100 PSI Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge
(1) MBX Polished Billet Fuel Rail adapter with Nitrile O-ring and Stainless Hardware
(11) Feet of Aeroquip -6AN Braided Fuel Line
(3) Aeroquip Nitrile 0-Rings
(1) Aeroquip 1/8" NPT to -6an straight
(2) Aeroquip -6an Compression Fittings with clamps
(8) Aeroquip Re-useable swivel -6an Straight Fittings
(3) MBX Banjo bolt replacement metric to -6an Fittings
(1) NOS -6an Male Tri-Y Block
(3) Aeroquip -6an Straight Male fitting for 2nd port of FPR (Replaces Blue Anodized Boss Plug)
(1) Aeroquip -6an Female 180 degree Re-useable Swivel -6an to -6an hose fitting
(1) Aeroquip -6an Female 150 degree Re-useable Swivel -6an to -6an hose fitting
(2) Feet of Super Red Hose Techniques Vacuum hose for FPR

These are not yet on our website, you can order them directly at www.paypal.com making your payment to [email protected] in the amount of $165 to convert your original MBX Ultimate FPR Kit to the New MBX Ultimate Dual Feed FPR Kit or in the amount of $420 for the complete MBX Ultimate Dual Feed FPR Kit! Please include in the subject line of what you are ordering so that we can expedite your order much faster

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
MBX Ultimate Dual Feed Fuel Pressure Regulator Kits are now here! Click Here to Order Yours Today!

MBX is now your full service Powdercoating shop, offering a full line of Powdercoating!!

MBX Vinyl Graphics - Club Decals- Vinyl Stripe kits and more

MBX Driver/Passenger gauge pods , MBX Billet Products

Click Here to Visit MBX Motorsports

<!-- / sig --><!-- edit note -->

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Looks cool.

I'm running a normally aspirated engine, right now... no near future plans for super or turbo charging, and I'm just learning about things like Mega-squirt.

So, what real performance benefit would this kit provide for me? :confused:

Glenn

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barkster said:
Looks cool.

I'm running a normally aspirated engine, right now... no near future plans for super or turbo charging, and I'm just learning about things like Mega-squirt.

So, what real performance benefit would this kit provide for me? :confused:

Glenn
These are now on our website at www.mbxmotorsports.net

The advantages are awesome, with higher fuel pressure, less chances of running lean with deleting the very restrictive banjo bolt fittings, total control over your fuel pressure, upgraded lines and fuel flow also allowing you to view what your fuel pressure is actually running at w/o guessing. :smokin: No more lean conditions on the #6 infamous cylinder and so much more!!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
like the idea but i allready own a full pressure regulator, gauge and rail adapter so what do i need to make your kit work with what i allready have?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
canadianspeed said:
like the idea but i allready own a full pressure regulator, gauge and rail adapter so what do i need to make your kit work with what i allready have?
We can sell you the lines and fittings seperately, we just need to know what FPR you have and the size of the ports and how many. Everything else will adapt :)

Alex, everything we sell within our FPR kits are the absolute top of the line in quality and function, they are all priced at their absolute lowest.

HOWEVER, there may be a bulk buy in the future as so many have inquired about one in the past years :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i dont know much about cars but look i just bought a klze its in da box waiting to be put on >>> puttin this new MBX Ultimate Dual Feed Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit how will it help the engine benifit it? more power? more engine life? how does monitering the fuel pressure and adjusting it help me out ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The dual feed will eliminate all of the annoying kinks and pinches in the OEM fuel system, which will help out fuel flow greatly. With this setup you can adjust the fuel pressure properly for your ZE, the ze requires a higher base fuel pressure to operate correctly, than the KL03/KLDE engines do. Definatly a good investment, esp. if you plan to really add more power such as a turbocharger or supercharger in the future.

~Patrick

·
Registered
82 Posts
My question is. I have a ze, i wanted to know, Why the dual feed afpr is necesarrily better than the single feed one? IS the dual feed better for t/c and s/c setups or is it ideal for my setup because i plan on buying a fpr either way, I just wanted to know what specifically makes this the better setup?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JayGreaze said:
My question is. I have a ze, i wanted to know, Why the dual feed afpr is necesarrily better than the single feed one? IS the dual feed better for t/c and s/c setups or is it ideal for my setup because i plan on buying a fpr either way, I just wanted to know what specifically makes this the better setup?
The dual feed is the absolute ultimate in fuel pressure adjustability. You will eliminate all 3 restrictive banjo bolts on the rails, upgrade to larger stainless braided fuel lines, allow for equal fuel distribution and pressure across both fuel rails instead of having them looped which on the ZE leads to lean conditions across the #6 cylinder bank that ZE's are famous for. :smokin:

·
Registered
527 Posts
is this bulk buy still going on?? if so i'm interested. let me know.

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is there still a bulk buy going on for this?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I've got a normally aspirated car... If I got the dual feed kit, would you recommend for, against, or be indifferent about a high(er) performance fuel pump to go with it? And why?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
barkster said:
I've got a normally aspirated car... If I got the dual feed kit, would you recommend for, against, or be indifferent about a high(er) performance fuel pump to go with it? And why?
Definately recommended, also with the addition of an upgraded fuel pump couldn't hurt either ;) The advantages are awesome, with higher fuel pressure, less chances of running lean with deleting the very restrictive banjo bolt fittings, total control over your fuel pressure, upgraded lines and fuel flow also allowing you to view what your fuel pressure is actually running at w/o guessing. No more lean conditions on the #6 infamous cylinder and so much more!!!!! This will also allow for future performance upgrades where you will already have an advantage with already having these items.

We have them in stock! Looks like your local and could pick up as well :cool:

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
You're right!!! I AM local, now..... Heh!.. :jump: Please PM me your street address and/or phone... I may drop down very soon.

Appreciate the reply... but if I could cut thru the "marketing" bit on the regulator repasted from an earlier post... My question this time was more about a recommendation on the pump as a consequence of installing the regulator.

I may have to replace my fuel pump in the very near future, so what I really wanted to know was... when I replace the pump, IF I should also decide to install the dual feed regulator, should I also get a higher pressure/flow fuel pump instead of OEM?

I take it the answer will be yes, but why? Does the regulator "require" a higher pressure/flow pump to operate most efficiently? I know they come in a variety of sizes... so how much higher pressure/flow do I need for the dual feed on a NA car? How much is too much?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
barkster said:
You're right!!! I AM local, now..... Heh!.. :jump: Please PM me your street address and/or phone... I may drop down very soon.

Appreciate the reply... but if I could cut thru the "marketing" bit on the regulator repasted from an earlier post... My question this time was more about a recommendation on the pump as a consequence of installing the regulator.

I may have to replace my fuel pump in the very near future, so what I really wanted to know was... when I replace the pump, IF I should also decide to install the dual feed regulator, should I also get a higher pressure/flow fuel pump instead of OEM?

I take it the answer will be yes, but why? Does the regulator "require" a higher pressure/flow pump to operate most efficiently? I know they come in a variety of sizes... so how much higher pressure/flow do I need for the dual feed on a NA car? How much is too much?
I would highly recommend replacing the fuel pump with a Walbro 190lph. Remember that having a high flow fuel pump and a completely adjustable/controllable fuel pressure regulator kit with unrestrictive fittings/lines will only increase hp/fuel efficiency and help control lean conditions. The regulator does not require a high flow fuel pump, but if your fuel pump may be on the way out, why not replace it? A Walbro 255HP or even LP would be too much if you dont plan on running boost or doing major performance upgrades. Also with the addition of the 190 and FPR, you could run Nitrous at a later point if you choose to do so :) We are in Prince Frederick, MD and you can call us at 202-369-5420 :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts