Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ME vs. 04 Tiburon GT

This is the first time I post a kill story, I barely race on the street :p but today I wanna see how I'll do up against a newest Tiburon :E So heading home after bowling today, nice out high 40's, I had 5 peoples in my car including me. We were sitting at a light, then a white clean Tiburon roll up next to me on my right, at the beginning we were side by side, so I didn't know what car is it, but when the left turn ellow turns green he starts rolling forward... about a half of car ahead of me, and I can see his left tail... Tiburon... I start wondering if it's the GT or base model, it looks like a GT to me since it has those rims, spoiler, really dark tinted windows and the dual exhaust, and the Z3 fender?? So anyways, he roll ahead about half of car, stopped and brake lights went dim... so hmm manual. When the light turn green, I didn't launch, just wait and see if he's gonna run, I saw him rolling with me side by side pretty hard on 1st and I'm already at 5000 rpm, so I gun it and so did he, now we're dead even. I quick shift to 2nd, tires tripped and I pull about half a car on him, after that I just inching on him, by the end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd I'm about 1 1/2 or 2 car ahead going almost 70mph on a 45mph zone, so I shut down. After the race he just stays behind me the whole time till the next intersection, while I had to make a right and he was going left. No thumb up or anything but a madly accerlation on his left turn. It was a good run tho IMO :) since the race was pretty close I'm sure it's a GT and from the look, it looks like the 04 one. Not to mention I have one VRIS not functioning and a 2k high A$$ idle :D Wonder how I'll do with only one person in the car ;)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
it

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Darion said:
Veddy VEDDY Guud kill...

A story to reiterate my point. .: Hyundais SUCK. Slow Pieces of shhh.....
get off it man.. seriously.. youre just making yourself look ignorant.

good kill man - car must be running MUCH better if your chirping 2nd with 5 people in her ;) woot for the 65mm TB haha.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah good run, I thought it would be fairly close, I'm not too sure of all the specs on those things but i thought they were pretty much comparable to the LS in hp and weight.

-Bryce

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well the v6 and i4 both have dual exhaust, same rims just that the 6 speed have 17 inch rims. they dont have z3 fenders so i am not sure if it is custom. there are two different spoilers but you can choose which one. IT was maybe a v6 but not sure. what times are you running?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
budplaya_22 said:
Well the v6 and i4 both have dual exhaust, same rims just that the 6 speed have 17 inch rims. they dont have z3 fenders so i am not sure if it is custom. there are two different spoilers but you can choose which one. IT was maybe a v6 but not sure. what times are you running?
Yea that Tiburon has 17's factory rims, plus if that was the base model with only 140hp, I should've walk him a lot easier ;) I don't know my 1/4 mile time, I'll go find out in the spring after I fix the VRIS and the idle problem, should be in the low 15's or high 14's with some weight reduces :)

Goatcrapp said:
get off it man.. seriously.. youre just making yourself look ignorant.

good kill man - car must be running MUCH better if your chirping 2nd with 5 people in her ;) woot for the 65mm TB haha.
Yup, those V6's run low 15's all day long, I don't think they are slow man, you know how that 65mm TB works haha :p ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not very safe racing with 5 people in the car since it only holds 4. Lol....good kill though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good kill. And yes, those will run low 15's all day long, so you must be in the 14's if you beat him with 5 people in your car...unless he had passengers too.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
:eek: I didn't know 5 ppl could fit in a mx6 at one time... how uncomfotable is that???

:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
88MX6LX said:
Good kill. And yes, those will run low 15's all day long, so you must be in the 14's if you beat him with 5 people in your car...unless he had passengers too.
Not sure, I can't see cuz he has really dark tint plus it was dark out, maybe that guy himself is already equal three of us :D

aggiedj02 said:
:eek: I didn't know 5 ppl could fit in a mx6 at one time... how uncomfotable is that???

Hehe... I felt ok, but I don't know about those three ppls at the back :lol:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
aggiedj02 said:

VERY ****ty, I now refuse to take more then 3 people around in my car unless its for a real good cause. Its about impossible to shift with someone in the seat inback of ya lol

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
aggiedj02 said:

never fit 5 in the mx, but 3 in the s2k. that was fun :)

but the real reason for this reply, is marcus, you messed up on your sig. who is "od"? :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
SolarSlash said:
never fit 5 in the mx, but 3 in the s2k. that was fun :)

but the real reason for this reply, is marcus, you messed up on your sig. who is "od"? :D
It is suppose to be God... but I didn't wanna take His name in vain... I guess I'll put it in parenthesis :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts