Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was sitting at a stoplight on a hill by our mall. We have the busiest road in Pa during the holidays(proven fact in an artical i read somewhere)anyway, about 50yrds past the light the road makes a very wide right 90% turn and then flattens our for about a 1/8 mile until you hit another stop light, im sittin there with my girl when these 2 girls pull up in a 2.5 rs, my gf looks at them and they just smirk like they got a rocket under the hood, give a lil engine rev to see if these girls were serious, heard the suby give a lil rev back, light turns green and i gun it as do they, im in the outside of the turn so this is to their advantage, my 6 ran like a champ and i got them by about 2 car lengths, they pulled up behind us at the next light and ate some exhaust. Since this is the busiest road around and it was the holidays, alot of people got to see the mazda perform. When will these girls listen? Dont mess with a mazda!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
suby? Sorry, I'm slow....

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Subaru..I always wondered about those RS's, I never really looked up any info on them. I guess I shouldn't have any problems with them should I run into one. Good kill :tup:

I wouldn't have raced there though, especially since it was a busy street...too many things can go wrong

G

·
They're AWD, so the only advantage they have is from a stop. Once they get rolling, the MX-6 takes over the lead. Good kill.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah there is one of those around here and i always wondered how a six would stack up, good to hear you won, but I agree with the rest of them, try not to race on busy streets, just an accident waiting to happen.

-Bryce

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
The RS arent anything. Its a challenge for the I4 I guess but there not fast at all.

Ive never seen a 1/4 mile time better than a mid 16. Thats modded too

I raced one on my stock turbo and I beat him by 5 cars at the end of 2nd. At least they look nice:p

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wanted one of those. In fact, I still want one. I've seen some with the EJ20 swap out and those things are like rockets!!! Hell, even a regular EJ25 has power for what it is. Those little cars take mods very well and I've seen a '95 Impreza wagon atx run high 9's. It had a parachute in the back as well. Point of my story is, not everything you run across is slow

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
im surprised they didnt take you on the launch.. i raced a modded one in my V6 MTX and it held up in 1st.. i had about 1/2 a c/l, in 2nd i started pulling away pretty fast and shut it down before the end of 2nd with about 2c/l

·
Registered
527 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
The RS arent anything. Its a challenge for the I4 I guess but there not fast at all.

Ive never seen a 1/4 mile time better than a mid 16. Thats modded too

I raced one on my stock turbo and I beat him by 5 cars at the end of 2nd. At least they look nice:p
i've race 2 of them so far. one on the streets and one at the tracks. the one on the street had full exhaust and intake. i know because i talked to the kid. he had me 1/2 car in first and than it was all catch the mouse after. by the end of 1/4 mile i had him about 2 cars. he runs 15.7 at the tracks. i've seen it myself.

the other one at the track i don't what mods but it's pretty quick. he had me a car off the start and than i was just slowly pullin on him up to the 1/4 mile. i finally got up head to head with him and ran a 15.2 compared to his 15.4. later on i saw him run a 15.2. it was pretty quick though.

now if they were stock it would be a walk in the park. with minor bolt ons it's pretty quick. that is with the launch though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
we were pretty even off the line til i was in mid 2nd, it felt like the other car wasnt even moving after that, yet i could hear the car revved out to h*ll, i was at a stoplight and there was no one in front of us at all, it was 2 lanes also, as for the people seeing the mx6 perform i was refering to the people behind us at the light and the people passing by us on the other side of the road, forgot to include that, u guys prob thought i was a lunatic,haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts