Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured there was no point putting this in the Kill area as the VL is not sold in the US and they wouldn't know what I was talking about... :)

Well I've had the 6 for a week now, so I thought it was about time I squared off with the boyfriend at the lights. We were on our way to his parents place last night, to show them the 6, and we came upon a red light with no one there already. I knew his VL turbo, despite being 15yrs old and having 400,000 + kms on the clock, would eat me,it was interesting to see by how much.

I didn't totally hammer the 6 off the line, i.e. I didn't drop the clutch (it's still to new for me to 'hurt') - my boyfriend had major wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gears and by the time we hit about 100 clicks he was less than a car length in front - not to bad a performance from the 6.

I much prefer driving the 6 than the VL - you can't beat a turbo for raw, pushed into your seat kind of power - but the 6 is just so wonderfully smooth and forgiving, especially for around town driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a good Oz kill story...

I only bought my mx6 about 3 weeks ago so i was eager to drag somebody. My opportunity came a couple of weeks ago where a hotted up 95ish Celica stopped at the lights looking for a race. My 6 is stock but I thought that the V6 would at least give it a good run for its money. Well...

The lights turned green and beat him off the line and he was never in the race.. I killed it! I was suprised as hell! I was on such a high after that..

I'm VERY happy with the car but I'm approaching the 100K service/timing belt replacement. For all that haven't had it done.. DO IT! Cuz it can totally stuff up the engine if it does break on you. Although... I was talking to my mechanic about it and he did say they could last up to 120K if you're careful but if you o a lot of dragging at the lights it would be better to be safe and get it replaced. I got a quote for about $600 for the service and timing belt replacement.

Anyone got a modified 2nd gen cuz where I live (Vic) I've only seen 1 and that was in Croydon?

MX6 rulez.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ive killed a few Celicas, Preludes, Civics. Its great when you are lined up at the lights and youve got some try hard in a Honda next to you with "MUGEN" stickers all over his car and you fly past him and all he can see is the Badge of your 2nd Gen MX6.... God Bless Mazda...
For a stock vehicle with ATX im kicking ass out there...
Not to mention I get asked all about my http://www.mx6.com sticker on the back window.
Keep destroying cars on the road, let more people know the MX6 name :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts