Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had a few jobs that needed to be done with my car , and im goin on a trip soon so i wanted the car ready.

I had a leak in the manifold , and they said the bolts where screwed up and they would have to drill them out , which is fair enough. They quoted 2 hours labour for that and 1 hour labour to do the exhaust leak (replacing part of it) and then the cost of more simple jobs like replacing belts , plugs etc , so my car would be running nice.

Anyway took it in yesterday lunchish, call back today coz they said it would be ready in morning. Its now 3pm and they are still working on it , as they didnt realise the turbo has to come out to get to the manifold to replace the bolts. Anyway to cut a long story short , i probably wont get it back tonight and im gonna have to pay a f*ckload for labour
not happy jan.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am a firm believer that if they miss quote, and dont tell you about it until the work is done, TOO BAD FOR THEM!

but man, that sux.... When they were quoting on the work, they should have known if the turbo had to come out or not, it isnt that hard to see if a spanner and die will get in there or not if they open the bonnet and HAVE A LOOK!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well my dad had to pay for it , as i dont have a fulltime job atm , and lets just say he wasnt a happy chappy.

edit , he knocked my booster controller(didnt notice) and i was suprisingly happy with the performance , and then i looked at the boost gauge and it said 15 psi!! I slowed down reaalllly fast, pulled over and put it back to stock, 6. Will fiddle it back upto 8 or 9 another day . But i must say even on 6psi its running a f*ckload better after replacing belts , fixing those leaks and what not.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
once its in there it cant come out too its fixed :( i know the problem all too well :)

glad you got it all done :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh im quite impressed with it , going ALOT harder now, and even with my stock exhaust its sounding nice and mean .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts