Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having misfire issue and i will need a stronger sparks, but i put the mx6gt on dyno. i was expecting around 520+ but we cut the dyno short due to misfire.

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Can you post a data log of the misfire and a copy of your MSQ file? You can link them to Dropbox or put them in a ZIP file and attach them here.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
E85 on this one still?

AE needs some work, sounds really healthy other than the misfire though!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E85 on this one still?

AE needs some work, sounds really healthy other than the misfire though!
Yes on E85, The car runs great of boost, remember i was on 1000cc injectors and 1000cc meth injector, the ecu is 12x12 map ms1 v2.2, its an old ecu .the car pulls great, i did couple of 60-150mph gauge video, i will post it by weekend.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Can you post a data log of the misfire and a copy of your MSQ file? You can link them to Dropbox or put them in a ZIP file and attach them here.
I think the misfire is due to the setting on the megasquirt, i made couple of changes on it which seems to run better, but i will be going back on dyno and trying to fix it.
Changes i just made since dyno

I change the wheel decoder base tooth from 24 to 12.
2nd trigger-Enable
2nd trigger active edge Rising instead of Falling like irq
decoder routine from 024s9 style to 025 style
Cranking Timing from Trigger return to Timed based

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Does the tach jump around when it misfires ? If so Its probably picking up noise. I had to run a twisted pair wire from the crank pickup keeping clear of any other wires ( far from ignition coil too) to cure the noise problem.
What rpm is the misfire ?

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Many crank/cam sensors have grounded foil shielding around them for that purpose. Maybe find some OE wiring and splice that in if that's the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts