Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if i bought a megasquirt standalone to manage my engine cause i was wanting to turbo my klze. would i be able to get rid of the plunger style maf and use the map sensor that the megasquirt is able to use in order to run an atmospheric venting bov and not have to reroute it without it running rich everytime the bov blows off because the maf has already metered the air for the ecu. also if i do use the maf sensor to remedy the problem what brand sensor ie gm ford mazda would i use and where would i place it would i have to drill and tap something in order to gain the signal and how would i go about tuning it. i know thats a lot of ?s but just wondering any help would be greatly appreciated:tup::)

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
Reactions: Stealth

·
Registered
717 Posts
Let me get this straight... a MAP sensor and meter the air just by reading intake manifold pressure?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
pressure and temperture

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Let me get this straight... a MAP sensor and meter the air just by reading intake manifold pressure?
Sort of. It uses a table in the ECU to estimate the air flow based on the MAP sensor reading and engine RPM, as well as corrections based on the air temperature.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey wuz up i need an answer with this so i was thinking about getting a megasquirt standalone ecu n this is the info on it
:

::::::::::::::::INFO
Professionally assembled megasquirt n spark, v2.2 PCB, MS1 processor, with base tune and code loaded for the listed cars. Hardware modifications have been made to the board to allow the use of the stock distributor with NO modifications of any kind necessary, just wire it up. This offers full fuel and spark control. I have the exact same ecu in my 400 whp Mazda MX3 v6. With this ecu you will get a labeled wiring harness, instruction and software CD, base map, and both GM coolant and IAT sensors. This offers complete control over your ignition timing and fuel curves for whatever modifications you may have. It is tuned via a laptop realtime. Please allow 6 days for handling.

so my question is would this work with the klze too ? or is it for the a-spec engine only the way is set up ? or will i have to go get it tuned to my ze engine ?

i have the ze an its a curve neck

iam new to this so if u guys would help it would b great

iam driving a 93 mazda v6 5 spd 2.5liter mx6 Ls help ! me plz lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys ,Cliff from SA,got q powermod ECU on my car,the pick up sensor qnd knock sensor disconnected, coil has been put in with the cap modified,only has a throttle sensor,this beast has been giving me hell,over fueling, white and black smoke,tightened then let cos it was loose,got injectors flash to manifold,sealed throttle body completely cos it was sucking in air,but still no ideal,plus smoking, any advice guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts