Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Megasquirt runs enormously rich - boosted klze

So,
Ms wired as a piggy pack. Car has run quite good for 2 days with 5psi of boost. On 3 day I started it and one cylinder wasn't running, and due 15minutes of idling 1galon of gasoline has flown out through exhaust! I thought that o-ring of injector is damaged (modded rails with red tops). So I changed back to OEM 220cc injectors, changed REQ_FUEL settings, and started the car. The car runs now the same, flows huge amount of fuel through all incjectors, so it's not injectors issue but megasquirt. What could happen to MS, what hardware may be damaged? I don't know how to check it. Wiring is ok, I've checked it in case of short circuit and it's ok. Please give me some advice because I'm totally helpless in face of that :(

Below screens with my settings. I'd like to ephasise one more time that on this settings car was running good for 2 days.
Is there a feature in megatune that allows logging megasquirt operation ?

·
Vendor
570 Posts
There is a data logging tool under the File menu that lets you make a data log of the engine running. But first, you might want to check your fuel pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel pressure is ok. I tried to lower it with no reaction.

To be more precise I'd like to add that only one rail is flooding, plugs from right head are dry.
I've found on msefi.com, that it can be caused by damaged FET (Q1, Q5). I checked my board and found some strange things.
Q1 and Q5 are not the same, one has "IRFIZ34N 534P G3 KY" and second "IRFIZ34N 625P NC 0Q"
I found also some badly ironed parts C25 and D6, can it be a source of my problem ?
If one o FETs is damaged, how can I chceck it?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Get a datalog, and watch the duty cycle of the injectors. Did you build your MS yourself or did you purchase it from someone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts