Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Very cool!!! I saw your jspecs earlier this year, how were they busted?

This was from along time ago.....you reminded me of my sad ps skillz

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
You have successfully convert your J-Spec to Angel eyes.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i knew someone was going to say that. I was hoping for more of a red tint to the chrome but the paint wasn't having it and it looked better this way. Plus, these don't leak. I got the idea from Stealth, who used a gunmetalish color so he could get away with only painting the leading surface of the chrome. Red wouldn't look good if I had done the same thing.

The JSpecs weren't busted, I just like the phrase. I liked the JSpecs for a while, but I felt like it was too much white/chrome and wanted to do some color matching. next I will paint my rims black

·
Registered
941 Posts
eh i like them better before the paint, but its your car do what you want. Maybe it would look better if it was a little glossier.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i think they look sick in this last picture ^

they look like 300$ headlights imo.

and to be 100% honest i thought yours were just angel eyes with the GTS cover on them untill i read ze powers post

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
alex's i believe. the first picture you come to when you scroll up from here.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I really don't like them, I'm sorry. They just kinda look cheap now instead of $300 lights.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Props for being different but as you can tell im with the rest of these guys ughhhh/angle eye look-a-like....

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never been a big fan of chrome anywhere on a car, I like everything to be body colored. I could tolerate the chrome on the jspecs but I like this look more. Even if they do look like painted angel eyes, it's still not a bad look

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i dont think they look bad at all, i like j-specs the way they come from Japan tho.

·
Registered
789 Posts
they look like they were ebayed.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I really like the look, i know what you are saying when you though there was too much chrome, I agree. I would consider doing something similar if jspecs didn't cost me 400 shipped :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think you should have left the chrome on the inside of the circles in the Jspecs, it makes them look like some upgraded angel eyes off ebay when they are fully painted, not to mention you already have chrome badges... IMO the chrome in the Jspecs are what make the front of our MX6's look more clean/JDM.

Also, dogging on chrome is whack, especially when its headlamps... all cars come with chrome housing...:confused:

Just not sure if i'm a true fan of painted Jspecs, black was ok for a hot second, but i'm over it. Jspecs are clean and simple... keep it that way!

·
Registered
545 Posts
hm been thinking alot.
not to sure if i like them now. different, but they remind me of A'E

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I think you should have left the chrome on the inside of the circles in the Jspecs, it makes them look like some upgraded angel eyes off ebay when they are fully painted, not to mention you already have chrome badges... IMO the chrome in the Jspecs are what make the front of our MX6's look more clean/JDM.

Also, dogging on chrome is whack, especially when its headlamps... all cars come with chrome housing...:confused:

Just not sure if i'm a true fan of painted Jspecs, black was ok for a hot second, but i'm over it. Jspecs are clean and simple... keep it that way!
no doubt. Jspec's are like gold compared to the rest of my car. Never would I think about taking them apart for any reason.
Unless I was certain they were junk and not worth shipping to anyone,

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Sorry, def not a fan at all :shrug:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts