Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know the correct wireing to the power windows on the drivers side. when i bought my car the powerwindow
control on the drivers side didnt seem "quite right" to roll up my window i have to push the second button up; and that rolls up both windows still. i push up on the first button and it doesnt even click it doesnt do a thing but i use that button to roll it down. i know its messed up because i took the pannel off the door and there is a mess of electrical tape around the wires and a number of exposed connections and wires.

why would you do this to your car it makes it act retarted?
why cant people just leave the damn windows alone!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The window switches on these cars have quite a tendency to go bad (do a search on the boards). One option to fix it is to short two of them together so they go up together (as is yours), another is to search the junk yards (tough part to find), and the third is to buy a new one from Mazda (at ~$130).

When mine went out I had it rigged as yours until I found a used one. I'll bet your's is done because your switch is bad, too. If you really want to know how the switch works let me know and I'll dig up the schematics I had for it (I may have already posted them, do a search), but it's probably not worth your time to mess with it. Just get another one or live with it as is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts