Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a driveway where I do my work, and it's just now getting cool enough to get some good work done, so I'm about to get crackin' on putting my Miata back together after being "down for upgrades" for almost a year now. :rolleyes:

procrastination FTL.

Parts in my spare bedroom ready to go in/on the car:
Tein Flex coilovers with 9kF/6kR springs
Energy Suspension Hyperflex urethane bushings all around
Momo Start driver's side seat
MegasquirtPNP standalone
460cc injectors (cleaned and balanced)
Tuner toys dual-feed large bore fuel rail
BEGi-S2 turbo kit with a GT2560R turbo, divorced wastegate downpipe, 3" Enthuza exhaust, and front mount intercooler.

I'm going to try to get my bodywork done first. I have already started stripping panels of the MANY layers of old paint on the car. It's a mess. Honestly, the bodywork is what has been slowing up this project for so long.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that I have been bitten by the boost bug again.

And yes Steve, I intend to finish this project this time. :lol: I will probably start a build thread once I have a little progress to show.

-Trent

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
:useless:

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blah blah blah. lol. I'll see what i can do tomorrow. :)

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You better....
your avatar freaks me out. I had that same avatar (minus the pedobear edit) for YEARS on here, so I have to do a quick doubletake every time I see one of your posts. :p

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
I remember that, and to top it off, I didn't pick the avatar, Steve did. So even I have to take a double take some times.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
how does that gt25 compare in size to a gt28rs? What kind of power levels are you lookinf 225-250ish hp?

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how does that gt25 compare in size to a gt28rs? What kind of power levels are you lookinf 225-250ish hp?
The gt25 will spool a bit quicker. And yes, that is my hp goal. My rods are the weak link to go any higher.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
I can't say shit this time trent...

with my summer being as busy as it was, and weekends non existant since... i've been running my 6 with 2 out of 3 intermediate shaft bolts stripped off in the frame.

any significant power will rip off the final one, so i've been driving the car only to keep the engine lubed, and to move it for alternate sides parking.

I also have my old 44 kit sitting under the deck... i've installed it in varying levels of success, but decided to live without it until i can get it done right, and the sides molded.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I trump all you bitches :D My 6 starts and idles on MS and should be driving around tonight :p

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I trump all you bitches :D My 6 starts and idles on MS and should be driving around tonight :p
and broken down by tomorrow? :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
and not even fucking idling today...W T F

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I mean WTF'rly. It's getting spark and fuel, the mechanical timing is spot on. I've also twisted that damn disty around over 200 degrees to see if it would catch...no dice. But I did find something wrong with it...One of the tabs that the cap attaches to on the disty busted. So I'm jb welding it back together to see if that fixes it. Maybe the rotor wasn't making clean contact with the cap. I don't know, just frustrated and pissed the fuck off

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Yes, thats why I try not to touch my MS and spark stuff as little as possible.

Fuel is easy to work with. Its the spark that causes everyones frustrations....

(< fears coilpack and MS2 upgrade)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Compnut has the same msq on his, only difference is he's running the V3.0 board. I mean it started catching, then nothing. Maybe it's my distributor. I'll find out tomorrow when I reinstall the distry

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
so uh your telling me you have a car with spark and fuel and its not starting. huh now that sounds familiar:p

someday all of our cars will run.....

oh who am I kidding:(

1 - 20 of 64 Posts