Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd start the ball rolling on this as its been mentioned a few times at breaking days and meets etc.

I contacted Northampton Motorsport who i've used in the past years ago to see what they would offer us for a rolling road day. Got an email back today.

Hi Paul,

its £35 per car but we cant really get into tuning on a dyno day it just gets too complicated.

the dyno can plot power and torques against rpm along with AFR and boost if applicable

regards troy

Sounds a reasonable price to me so if anyone is interested post up on here and we'll get something organised. In a week or so i'll have look through the thread then suggest a day/date.

Heres their website.

Northampton Motorsport - Home

·
Registered
192 Posts
im getting my manifolds done next week mate (welding needed) but il defo be up for it as im sure u guessed. in a couple of weeks tho :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quality Dave, hopefully we can pack the place and have a proper meet up with plenty of bragging rights to be had!

PS. Has that banjo bolt mod made a difference?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now we're talking, any more?

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Not for me thanks.

I have another source for this sort of thing. Cheers for the invite anyway.

Ben.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its only a feeler Ben, can you come up with anything for us?

·
Registered
234 Posts
When we get a definite date I'll get my mate to invite the whole club323f.com group if you want. The more the merrier I imagine.

Robert

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hell yeah, that sounds sweet.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've thrown this open to the Ford Probe and MX-3 guys so hopefully we can have a great meet.

As soon as I have some rough numbers i'll give NMS a ring and see about booking it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm going away on the weekend from 19th-21st so if that weekend could be avoided that would be awesome. Any other time is cool.

Cheers
Robert

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need to tax my motor 1st mate so dont panic. A lot of people go on holiday this time of year so i'd like to aim for something like June 27th.

Waiting to hear back from NMS on what the waiting time if to book a Saturday.

So far we have interest from

Me
RJSyznal
The Mexican
Jerry and Maria
Mechanic from UK-MX3 site
John Bunting from UKPOC

Must be more interested in this like Willfinch, Nasher, Mx6 addict etc but maybe its too far out? Still plenty of time to get names yet tho.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I think the cost is also an issue here - from events I've been to in the past, discounts for numbers have been offered. May be worth trying to have a word with NMS on that basis Windy.

If you get the cost down, I might have a bash at this. My other source is strictly on a 'just me' arrangement. Long story.

Ben.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm of the same opinion Ben, if we can get the numbers up the price should come down so I waiting to hear back from NMS to see if this is the case. Only reason I tried them is because I've used them before but if someone else can come up with a better deal that is reasonably midlands located it might be good to have another option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can I come ? It's not a Probe/Mx6 , but at least it does have a Probe engine........

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone is welcome Claire, problem is theres a 2 month waiting list from what I gather so I need to ring soon to book it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My first post!
I would like to come to if that's possible please. Had my 6 for a couple of years but only just got started on this, mods etc.
---
1997 2.5l UK GT MX-6

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Crusader, welcome to the gang.

I'll be ringing NMS to find out what we need to do next, then i'll post up a date and details.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you! Very glad to be here and very much looking forward to it!
I've been reading plenty on here before I first opened my mouth :)

Great, thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts