Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had asked you earlier about the NE1 Sensor reading and I got the part and replaced it but I was still getting the error code, and no start.

Then I read what you had posted about the timing belt etc. I took the cap off of the disty and watched to see if the rotor would move when you try to start. It didn't. So then I thought well maybe the timing belt. I took off the top two bolts on the front valve cover part of the timing belt cover and looked down at the timing belt. It was still on there. Then I had my brother try to bump it while I watched to see if it moved; nothing. Now I'm really confused. Is it my cam? I thought you said something about that at one point but I don't remember.

I'm still getting the same error code and I cleared them once already. If you have any more ideas I would appreciate it.

Oh, and I do have a KLZE that I haven't put in yet so should I just wait and not fix it and do the engine swap. Also should I keep the rebuilt disty that I just bought I would it be ok to return it? Thanks in advance...

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I figured that it'd be hard to replace but I buy a lot of parts from them and I thought that maybe they'd take it back. I'll give it a try at least and I'll also take the valve cover off tonight when I get off work and let you know what I see. Thanks for all your help so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.