Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before you get on me for not searching i did, and din't find much to trully answer my question, i have heard alot of talk about the millenia manifold and the straight neck manifold, i have also heard that one is better then the other or that there the same, now my question is which one is actually a better flowing manifold, and actually produces the 3-5hp they said you can gain by swaping it over, or are they just the same})

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
UrBaNsTyLe55 said:
ok before you get on me for not searching i did, and din't find much to trully answer my question, i have heard alot of talk about the millenia manifold and the straight neck manifold, i have also heard that one is better then the other or that there the same, now my question is which one is actually a better flowing manifold, and actually produces the 3-5hp they said you can gain by swaping it over, or are they just the same})
If I remember correctly it's the Eunos 8 on the Millenia. Flows a bit better then the ZE IM. Though both offer nice improvements over the 03 IM. The 8 however has some hood clearance issues, though they can be solved with a grinder.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the millenia intake manifold flows better then the ze im, also what type of hp increasement can you expect, and how will it flow on my kf-ze which has the round runners as the kl-03 and i'm using the kl-03 im right now

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
UrBaNsTyLe55 said:
so the millenia intake manifold flows better then the ze im, also what type of hp increasement can you expect, and how will it flow on my kf-ze which has the round runners as the kl-03 and i'm using the kl-03 im right now
I'm thinking the KF-ZE is the 2.0L V6? I'm not as big on the smaller engines. (IF that made any sense.) Either way I'd expect a pretty decent gain. I don't want to throw around numbers, but I'd wager 5 hp. Maybe more. (I always err to the side of caution.) I would imagine that the ZE would be more then capable of supplying the air you need and wouldn't hesitate to go that route.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the info, i'm looking for that manifold, since right now i'm using the kl-03 manifold on my kf-ze and i'm not pleased with it

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
UrBaNsTyLe55 said:
thanx for the info, i'm looking for that manifold, since right now i'm using the kl-03 manifold on my kf-ze and i'm not pleased with it
I'd be more likely to just go with whichever one you can get cheaper. Both should be usable with minor changes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing is the straight neck manifold won't fit on my car it hits my brake cylinder, i had the stright neck manifold off the kf-ze with the round runner and it didn't fit, but i heard square runners are better and wanted to know how the ms8 manifold performs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts