Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i was just wondering.. who do u think will win.. i was drivin down the street the other nite and i saw this mazda millenium with this punk kid driving ( had to be daddy's car) w\e.. we were at a red light and i him reving his engine at me.. now normally i aint one to back down from a challenge but it was drizzling and my two front tires are balder than my head so i reallly didnt want to take that kind of chance in the rain.. but that punk kid just kept on trying me.. everytime i will pull up next to him.. he will floor it.. so do u think i would have stood a chance? what do they bring and how much are they pushing?? let me know

·
Registered
84 Posts
Millenia

The Mazda Millenia comes in two trim levels...either the base model or the S model. The base model only has a 2.5 liter V-6 with 170 hp. Essentially the same engine as the 626...and for that matter the same as ours. The S, however, has a miller-cycle 2.3 liter V-6 with 210 hp. My understanding is that this engine pushes pretty hard...similar performance to many small V-8 engines found in larger sedans. If the millenia you saw was the 'S' variant, then i wouldn't take any chances. The base model, though, I'd say you could win--it'd probably be real close and even come down to driver skill in the end. The extra weight and the higher drag coefficient of the Millenia should give you the advantage. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh my bad.. its called Millenia .. not mellenium.. any ways.. well i guess it was the s model but im not too sure.. but good thing i didnt race it if it was the s model.. i probably would have gotten embarrassed.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Actually, the S model doesn't pull anything like a V8, every magazine I've read that reviewed them talked about how slow the Millenia was, especially compared to other cars in it's class. I think it runs 0-60 in the 8's. They're no slouch, but, they're not fast by any means. I'd say go for it, if you do lose, it won't be the embarrasment you seem to think it will be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The s stands for slow because that is how my friends millenia feels:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts