Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across a millenia "S" motor for $160.00. Besides the injectors & rods. What other parts can we use off of it???

Also what kind of work does it take to make the rods work with our cars??

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
You will need custom pistons for the rods. Prep those rods properly and put together with a set of forged pistons and that motor will go for a long time no matter what you throw at it with a T3/T4 on a standard driveline. The price is definately right, you can sell the injectors alone for that and make your money back, while getting a set of free rods.

Nothing else is worth it to change over even if it does fit.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
the supercharger (if it comes with the motor) is worth some money too. Not going to be easy to sell it on this site, but put it up on ebay and I'm sure you could get at least 200 for it.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Dude you can bank of that deal.

Take the injectors, manifold, supercharger (if its there) and those 3 parts alone should net you near 200 in profit. Distributor if it is working is also a plus. Fuck, part the whole engine out and you will make some bank.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How do you ID the Millinia motor

How do you identify a Millinia S motor so I can pull the injectors? I'm going to the parts yard and may be able to get a deal if i can be sure I'm looking at the right thing. In the middle of a move so I didnt have all that much time to search the forums for the answer. Thought one of you geniuses would be so kind as to pop the right answer in here for me real quick.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
You can actually see the plastic tab between the injector rail and and injector caps.

ones with blue plastic are 220cc (iirc) and the red/pink ones are 270cc.

You should be able to see the injectors with everything installed. Just peek at the plastic tab between the fuel rail and the cap. Most likely (as alot of pick-n-pulls) most of the injector rails / manifolds are already uninstalled and some of the injectors pulled so you might not have to do a ton of work to get em :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Again, likely at a pick n pull all that shit is going to be gone already. At least the blower, and intercooler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts