Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a misfire on one of my cylinders. I know which one it is. I've checked everything that I know to check except compression but I know it at least has some because if I take the plug out I can hear it. I've checked the injector and I've checked to see if it was getting a pulse from the computer and both are working. I've also checked for spark and it does have spark. I have talked to my neighbor who is a mechanic and I did everything he said but still no luck. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a misfire on one of my cylinders. I know which one it is. I've checked everything that I know to check except compression but I know it at least has some because if I take the plug out I can hear it. I've checked the injector and I've checked to see if it was getting a pulse from the computer and both are working. I've also checked for spark and it does have spark. I have talked to my neighbor who is a mechanic and I did everything he said but still no luck. Any advice?
Is it a constant miss? Or does it miss every now and then? I'd still get a compression test done just to be sure. Even if its low you will still hear it come out of the spark plug hole.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

It is kind of constantant but kind of not. Sometimes I can start it and for a few minutes every once and a while I will hear it smooth out for about a second then start again

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Try checking your spark plugs? Look at the condition and make sure they are gapped correctly. Check timing as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts