Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it. The car started to "hiccup" a few days ago. I am assuming that it is missing. It seems to only do it when the car is moving. On my way home from NY about an hour ago it just stalled! I had the cruse control set at 60, and the thing just stopped running. I don't know if the engine stopped spinning completely before I put it in neutral or not. I remember that the check engine light did go on, or flash. I turned the key to the off position and drove to the side of the road. Everything seemed to go so fast that it all seems blurry now. I got out and looked at everything; everything seemed to be fine. I started it up and it ran like nothing was wrong. The rest of the way home it only "hiccupped" once. Does anyone have a clue to what this maybe? Igniter? Fuel filer (it has 60k on it)? Spark plugs have about 7k, wires 4k on them.

[Edited by kennymx6 on 01-17-2001 at 01:52 AM]

G

·
Maybe same problem as mine!!

I got a 93 MX6 V6. My problem is the car running at 70mph and stalled, after about 1 or 2 minites, can run it agin. Now the ignitor is totally gone, i need to spend 380+- to replace it. I just known the 93 & 94 MX6 V6 got the problem of the ignitor. the transistor of the ignitor got problem, after that, there have redesigned a more powerful one. So u better check the ignition distributer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops. I forgot to post what I found out. It was a few things. The connector on the coil where the igniter wire attached was corroded. Second, my spark plug wires are bad.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
kennymx6 said:
Oops. I forgot to post what I found out. It was a few things. The connector on the coil where the igniter wire attached was corroded. Second, my spark plug wires are bad.
Dude, that's gonna cause issues!

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
Panther37 said:
Dude, that's gonna cause issues!
Shout louder, Panther, kennymx6 hasn't logged on in 2½ years.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts