Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a deal on a Mitsu 16G TDO5 H, 450$ cnd brand new, I know it's not a great turbo but I'm thinking of putting a block together and slapping on this turbo. Any thoughts as to where the spool might ocure (in rpm range) with this turbo and a slightly moded f2t block (including fuel management) say in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.

Keep in mind that this is a small side project. This is not my main car, but I have a few good blocks, 7 good gt 5 speed trany's (It's bein more then 2 years since I fried a tranny, used to fry them regularly but not since I started using new shifter bushings and bolts, so they,ve bein stock pilling.) a new stage 1 clutch, and more heads then I can count lying around .

I'm not shopping for other turbo's this one is sold by a friend three bay's down from my shop and he will take random paymements when I can afford them.
He has two others -1 GT32R for 750$ and -1 GT28R 900$- for sale, Too big, too expessive.

Any imput is apreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
a friend of mine has a 16g on his plymouth laser and is putting down 280awhp...and that is just with a 2.0 his spool up time is close to the IHI we use in the 1g. Full spool in his around 3200 rpms for him, in 2nd gear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.