Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First id like to say half the recognition goes to zijester for suggesting these lights. I took the plung to actually buy them and test fit them to the angel eyes.

Well, I cant beleive noone did this already. Its a DIRECT swap. No drilling required. Easy as pie. Can i explain it any easier? :)

Simply order Toyota Carolla Headlights from ebay, take the projectors out and swap them to the angel eyes.

Both headlights are madeby the same company, and both headlights have the exact same mount holes.

Simply amazing they dont sell the angel eyes with the projectors already. They could make alot more money.

Best part is they are H7, can use an $18 dollar adapter to go to D2S xenon capsules, and can use the same wire harness as the mx6 angel eyes !!!!

Anyways heres the pics.

Output pics later, Ill definatlly be getting xenon for my winterbeater now :D

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Nice job Nate, Looks good and easy to do.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Wow, that looks amazing! Can't wait for the night time pics!

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
wow, that's unbelievably slick. and just after i finally bought some jspecs. lol.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nevermind the xenon The output on these is terrible. There is light all over, and the beam is not evenly distributed. Hotspots all over, and some funny colors too.

They are OK if you stay halogen, xenon you will be blinding people.

:VEWWWWW:V

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
awesome!, I think I may get myself some angel eyes now.
When you say Corolla lights, are you talking about the after market ones or the stock lights? Just want to know, so I know which ones I would be looking for on ebay.

-Daryl

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get the aftermarket angel eye projector ones. The ones with black housing pictured above.

The angel eyes are what, 130? and the carolla lights are about 80 shipped so 210 or so all together.

Then you can sell the low beam pods from mx6 lights, and high beam pods from carolla light.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Wait a second...H7 has an adapter to D2S for under $20?

My car has H7 bulbs stock, and it always looked like it would be an easy swap based on the housing, but I never looked into it. I may have to do a little research now...

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mavric03 said:
Wait a second...H7 has an adapter to D2S for under $20?

My car has H7 bulbs stock, and it always looked like it would be an easy swap based on the housing, but I never looked into it. I may have to do a little research now...
Yep, Heres the link

http://www.hidplanet.com/H72D2.html

Your car has projectors from the factory?

I dont think ive ever seen a pic of a optima ex

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
yeah, i'll take some pics tomorrow. H7 for the headlights, and H3 for the fogs.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like this, nice ride :tup: kinda luxury.

Would be interesting if you could figure out who makes the projectors in those headlights.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
yeah, pretty much. I'll get some close ups on the lights in the daylight tomorrow. It'll probably be difficult to find out, unless it says it right on the projector, which I guess it might.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
The pictures are kind of big, but I already edited them down some, and didn't want to lose any more quality. There are a couple from the outside, and what I can see from the engine bay without taking them apart.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
huh, i cant tell what kind they are, youd probablly have to take the headlight apart. to find out.

They do have a 100% clear lens, and those are always very respoinsive to xenon. :)

Any wall pics at night from approx 20ft would also tell us more on how they would look with xenon.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I'd have to get some of those also, but I've seen it before, and it looks like a very good pattern for it. :D

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as long as it has a decent cutoff. The output pics i posted above are SOOOO BAD

·
Registered
891 Posts
wow nice stealth, if i get my part time job im gonna copy this lol

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
The light ouput seems to be caused by the cutoff shield. You can easily make another one and glue it on. Open them up and see what hey look like inside.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
zijester said:
The light ouput seems to be caused by the cutoff shield. You can easily make another one and glue it on. Open them up and see what hey look like inside.
I would be interested in seeing this.

Thanks for trying this out nate, I may get them afterall, and hopefully by the time I get them, maybe you or Zijester will have a solution for me lol.

I would get the Hellas, but I would want some aimablity, so these might be better for me if a solution for the light output is found.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts