Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if this would fall under the "racing category" but i got a chance to drive my girlfreinds new supra tonight. she traded her '04 srt4 for a '97 supra twin turbo. its black and has the automatic transmission, and 30 k miles. everything is stock on it, she got it from my freinds dad's used car dealership, who got it at an auction from some old guy who's son is in iraq. anyway i was just cruisin on a back road in it and all of a sudden i see these blue headlights behind, then tailing, then passing, then taillights, then gone. and it was a silver evo goin top speed around us. anyway what would the supra do agains a car like an evo. or more importantly what would it do agains my wrx? ive seen 1000hp automatic supras before so yeah. i guess what are some specs for it. thanx for any info.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
www.ultimatecarpage.com

Weight: 3450.2 lbs
Engine: Straight 6
Engine location: Front, longitudinally mounted
Displacement: 2.997 liter / 182.9 cu in
Valvetrain: 4 valves/cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed: Fuel injection
Aspiration: Twin Turbos
Gearbox: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear wheel drive
Power: 320 bhp / 238.7 kW @ 5800 rpm
BHP/Liter: 106.8
Torque: 427 Nm / 314.9 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
Power to weight ratio: 0.20 bhp/kg
Top Speed: 154.7 mph / 249.0 km/h
0-60 mph Acceleration: 5.00 s

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
with very little money she will kill just about anything on the streets!!!So your WRX doesn't really stand a chance.

·
Registered
848 Posts
aggiedj02 said:
with very little money she will kill just about anything on the streets!!!So your WRX doesn't really stand a chance.
Even though the Supra is a turbo charged car from the factory, it's one of the most expenive to mod when it comes to buying parts for it. Unlike a 4G63T (Eclipse, Talon, Evo) which is the best bang for your buck turbo engine you can get.

People that want to mod Supra's usually have a big budget to shop with, so naturally the part's manufacturers are going to make a lot of money of them.

Juggalo

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info. she will probably put an intake and exhaust on and thats it. she's really into cars but doesnt have a large knowledge of performance and stuff like that. i on the other hand are thinkin about swappin out my engine and tranny on my wrx for the jdm ej20 and tranny. maybe next summer. anyway thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts