Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in the board that the reccomended engine oil for a MX-6 2.5i V6 in UK is MOBIL1 5w 30, however I can only source 0w 40 does anybody else use this in the UK, I contacted Mobil who stated they don't sell 5w 30 in England?

Am I OK to use 0w 40 and does anybody know of a cheap supplier in UK I'm looking at £30-35 at the moment for a 4litre Bottle... Ouchh

·
Banned
55 Posts
0W40 will be fine, just checked the product specs on the mobil1 website. however very expensive. solution is comma 5W40 synthetic in UK, available at motor-factors (yellowpages for info). £17+vat for 5L. it's a pao/ester based synthetic just like mobil1. avoid using cheap synthetics like castrol syntec (magnatec in UK).

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I use 0-40 in the UK with no problems in fact I noticed a HLA noise reduction immediatly. I'll be using it from now on. Many UK probe owners use it too.
Where in the UK are U?
They have it in Costco for £23 If my memory serves me right. I saw it after I paid £32 at Halfords :(

[Edited by mx6-uk on 05-10-2001 at 04:36 PM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posts I'm in Lancashire NW UK, not heard of costco before where are they based is it a chain, do they do mail-order?

I bought a 4 litre bottle for £30 yesterday and 6 NGK v-power spark plugs for £3 each, next will be some NGK leads!

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Lancashires a big place

I'm in Swinton.

Costco is next to ASDA behind the Trafford centre. Its a cash and carry.

cheers

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave I'm actually living in Lytham St.Annes (Lancashire) to be Precise its between Preston and Blackpool, just dropped my car in at the Perrys in Preston(Mazda Dealer)this morning for a service, supplied my own NGK v-power spark plugs and a bottle of Mobil No.1, Looking forward to an even smoother ride if thats possible, since my V6 already purrs like a kitten

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Serviced car, found out I need a CV boot which is gunna sting me for £110 (£47.91 for the boot the rest labour and VAT) I also require a power-steering/air-con drive belt!

Getting the cv boot done today!

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
:)
mazda dealers have a habit of making the smily face in to a frown.

I had one go last year same sort of price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts