Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
My friend has a '96 Honda Civic EX (with VTEC). He has dc headers, greddy exhaust, and an aem cold air. I have an mx6 4 cylinder with cold air intake, underdrive pulley, headers, and exhaust. Who do you think will win. I wasn't even thinking about this until i saw him check his email last night. He belongs to a Superhonda message board. In his inbox was a reply to a post about "Which is faster..." (and then I saw it) "96 civic ex or 4 cyl MX6". I acted like I didn't see it and he closed the window real quick. I didn't say anything - but now I know he's scheming. Needless to say, it's on. I think I can beat him - but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't know. I guess you don't have turbo (do you have a 1st or 2nd Gen--people always leave that out).

Why don't you 2 discuss it if you are friends? Then race.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't know anything about the non-turbo mx6's, but, I do know about those civics. They're not very quick really. I was kind of surprised, even with a bunch of bolt on's, they're just slighty quicker slow cars.
I say go for it. If you know how to drive, you should at least give him a good run for his money.

G

·
All i have to say is if he did what you said....KICK HIS ASS!!!!! let him know that these 6'ers arent all show and no go like his integra!!! just plain stomp him to the ground.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
jkirschs said:
Hey
My friend has a '96 Honda Civic EX (with VTEC). He has dc headers, greddy exhaust, and an aem cold air. I have an mx6 4 cylinder with cold air intake, underdrive pulley, headers, and exhaust. Who do you think will win. I wasn't even thinking about this until i saw him check his email last night. He belongs to a Superhonda message board. In his inbox was a reply to a post about "Which is faster..." (and then I saw it) "96 civic ex or 4 cyl MX6". I acted like I didn't see it and he closed the window real quick. I didn't say anything - but now I know he's scheming. Needless to say, it's on. I think I can beat him - but what do you guys think?
Do you have a 5spd and does he have a 5spd? Is his motor the DOHC Vtec( i would think so since you say headers). I guess it is the motor out a Civic 99-00 model right? with like 160hp or so and not that much ft/lb.

hav eyou driven in his car and has he driven in yours? You can tell alot about car by doing this(DUH that is to myself not you, haha) anyway. I dont know about this one but most v6s mx6 can take those Vtec, i dont read to much on the 4banger. sorry.

another thing is, does he race his car at a track or do you race yours at a track, if so what are the numbers?

i didnot help at all, sorry bud!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He has the vtec sohc 1.8 Liter. I meant to say header. Sorry. I rode in it yesterday - it seemed pretty quick. It is also lowered - this might help him on the launch. I don't know. We'll see what happens. It's only a matter of time before we race.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey!!!!

go race him and tell us the outcome already!! :)
good luck!!!

SolarSlash

·
Registered
135 Posts
it's gonna be close, man... you and i seem to have similar mods. every time i have raced a vtec, i have lost, although not by much in some cases. if you are going to race him, MAKE SURE you get a good launch... i can stay ahead of a vtec for a good while if i get a nice launch. but in pretty much every case, i get passed around when i'm shifting into third gear (60 mph)... well, race him and let us know what happens!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
superflymx6 said:
Is his motor the DOHC Vtec( i would think so since you say headers). I guess it is the motor out a Civic 99-00 model right? with like 160hp or so and not that much ft/lb.
the 94+ EXs have a SOHC Vtec pushing somewhere around 124 HP. even if it had a DOHC, it still only has one bank of cylinders, therefore only using 1 header.

you should kill him pretty badly...if you know how to drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts