Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any cosmetic differances (interior, and exterior) in the second gen mx6. if so what are the differences?

I'm asking this because i am looking to buy a mx6 but have only seen a 96, and 97 model, i can't afford 10,000 dollars on a car so i think i will get a 94. will the 94 look the same as the 96, and 97.

·
Registered
66 Posts
93-97 are all the same body externally. Basic differences are trim levels and engines. You basically get 4 cyl or 6 cyl on the LS models. Also, the LS's were usually leather. You can tell the engine by the number of exhaust tips (if the owner kept the car "stock") One tip = 4 cyl, 2 tips = 6cyl. Also, the rims were different for the two trim levels,,, but, they changed rims every couple years.
In 96 and 97, they made a "cosmetic" offering called the "m-edition" which adds a few custom touches, kind of like an "eddie bower" expedition. It is really nice,,, I have one of those.
"According to Consumer Reports", the 93's tended to overheat in traffic but mazda worked out the problem on the later year models.
The 6cyl is pretty quick and I really enjoy it. They only complaint about the car is that it is not made for a family (obviously!). My wife absolutely refuses to travel in it, and she is petite.
Overall, I love this car!
You should be able to pick up a 96 V-6, m-edition for about 10-11G's depending on mileage. Check the blue book just to be sure. AND, check out www.traderonline.com jsut to be sure you are getting a fair price for your area and trim level.
any more Q's, just ask
64 driver

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
92-94 and 95-97 differences are:

revised engine from 95 - Still the same power
revised rear brake capilar from 95

and the usual crap such as trim, wheels, colours

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think the 96 to 97 are 5 horsepower less then the 93 to 95 in V6...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts