Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 93 4cycl 2.0 LS with no modification. I plan to get a K&N filter (33-2049) to fit into factory airbox.

My friend has an Acura Integra LS 1.8L with 142bhp. He got an AEM cool air intake & some header in it. I tried race with him but I loss him about 1 car length (before he fit his header in).

I tried few methods by using Mobil Delvac 1 engine oil(not Mobil 1), pouring Texaco 91 octane gas (to get better fuel efficient and less pinging), taking away the rubber gab between original airbox(for better air intake), checking spark plug (make sure is clean and dry) and wires(spark wires is new). I am trying to bring my car to original factory hoursepower (118. When car get older, HP is decreasing due to parts wear out. I tried to take all precaution to maintain the housepower)

I wonder if there is any possible I kill his car ?? He has serious attitude problem with his 'incredible integra'.

Besides, I plan to link the original airbox intake hole to some place where I can get colder air. Any suggestion ? I know I can get a header, exhast or etc to boost my car HP, but I would like to keep everything in factory original. Any comment ?

By the way, here are some spec about this two car.
93 MX6 (2.0):
Horsepower [email protected] , Torgue [email protected]
Car weight: 2625 lbs

95 Acure Integra LS :
Horsepower [email protected] , Torgue [email protected]
Car weight: 2643 lbs

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
add the basic bolt ons!!! and maybe a small shot os NOS! if you want to win for some cash!!

learn how to drive alot better, you might be able to but practice alot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of bolt on you suggest ?
Most probably NOS is not street legal, I think I will pass this :)

Thanks for you comment, but I don't think I have any problem on my driving skill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts