Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,I just recently bought a 97/LS and its a plain jane with no modifications.I was wondering, where do I start?should I start with headers,muffler or WHAT??any info would be great.Thanks in advance. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
just the usual bolt ons is what i would perfer. headers, exhaust, cold air or regular intake, suspension, etc. have fun!!

solar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!!

Your help is greatly appreciated.I'm only just starting but I'm going to juice this puppy up for all she's worth.What are some brand names to look for in terms of headers,exhaust,intake and suspension and what will they run me $$$??Is it better to go with a K&N con or regular type filter..and what's the difference??

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: Thanks guys!!

Red~line said:
Your help is greatly appreciated.I'm only just starting but I'm going to juice this puppy up for all she's worth.What are some brand names to look for in terms of headers,exhaust,intake and suspension and what will they run me $$$??Is it better to go with a K&N con or regular type filter..and what's the difference??

exhaust- regardless of which brand you buy, you will only see a small amount hp gains because our stock ones are very non-restrictive. What I did was put a magnaflow race exhaust on mine for $130 installed.

headers- the one that makes the most hp,pacesetter, are also the cheapest ($190) they make as much as 9 hp.

Intake- you want to buy or make your own cold air intake,these place your conical filters on the outside of your engine compartment taking in cold air. if you leave the conical filter on the vaf, you will loose hp because you are sucking in hot air. The hotshot runs for $140 or you can make your own (like mine) for $50. These will give you as much as 7 whp.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My first mod was my borla catback...no regrets here...I then installed my Hotshot CAI, then testpipe then ACT II clutch then PRD STS. I recently ran a 15.08 @ 93 mph.

If you are planning on going with an exhaust choose borla...you can't go wrong! It looks fairly stock but the sound and perf. is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts