Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys where hoping to see pics......sorry don't have them, yet. I'm looking for pics of members here who have moded their stock front bumpers. What I mean more precisely is that they have cut them and added between an inch or two to make it look lower. I've searched and have come up empty but know that it has been done before. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yeah, there was a Red J-Spec 2G that did this. Looked 'okay' I guess, I don't have any finished pictures either ...maybe someone else can help me out and post them.

It defiantely has potential, but the amount of work that would go into wouldn't be worth it for me. :shrug:

-Justin

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KansasMX6 & esembe, thanks for your help!!! The reason why i want to modify it is bcause i have a shogun kit on my 6 and have to take the front bumper off for winter......don't want to be a snowplow. The stock front looks a bit off due to the sideskirts and rear addons therefor for me it's an easy way to get around having a half kitted car. Maybe an option could be buying a lip....all i want is for the bumper to look a little lower during the winter. The car in the pics esembe, looks like it has the bumper modified but also a lip or something......!? Not sure what excatly it is.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
That lip was a factory option on J-Spec MX-6's. Heather has one for sale right now actually (Click HERE). It's not much of a lip, but looks prety good and is totally unique in the US. :tup:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
seems like a lot of work just to get the stock bumper a little lower, i'd say go with a lip for sure, same result, saves MUCHO$$$$$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts