Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone remember a thread that shows some sort of modifying to the 1st gen DSM Bypass? I'm not talking about "Crushing" the bypass. It had something to do with the small hole that is underneath the bypass, where the flange would connect it to the pipe. There is a small hole there and the thread had something to do with drilling out that hole, or tapping it further, or completely closing it, I can't remember what???? what does that hole do and where does it lead, I am asking because I am having some CEL since installing the DSM bypass and I'd like to figure out why?

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent checked the codes yet, as the CEL comes on intermittantly. I'll check them in daylight, I was specifically wondering what thread that was that explained what the little hole in the bottom of the bypass is, and whether plugging it or drilling it wider would do, I seem to remember both mods serving some purpose, but I don't remember what?

·
Registered
171 Posts
FYI - Not sure if you realize this but you don't have to pull codes only when the cel is on. The codes are held in memory - even when the problem clears or is intermittent.

·
Registered
387 Posts
that is a quick release for the bov. If you tap that out and hook up another vacum line to it, and the 2 lines together, you will have normal and quick release. It is useful, it prevents it from getting stuck closed. Play around with if see what you think.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts