Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, guys i was searching the Momo web page to see if they had a good automatic shift knobs and ran in to one great looking one called the Gate Finisher. After alittle searching of the internet i came up dry on the price of one and if it would fit our cars. Judging by the price of the other Automatic shifter i would say around 100 some dollars but i'm not sure. If anyone could help me that would be great. :D thanks

p.s. if you want to take a look at the knob go to www.momo.it skip the intro if you want and then click on momo at the bottom and the choose shift knobs and click on gate finisher in the drop down menu

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
That is a really nice looking shift knob...only problem I see is that there is no button or anything to shift (you know, from gear to gear you have to press the button to disingage and move the lever). Not sure how this would work, or how you could get it to work. Usually the only type of shift knob that works on the ATX mx6 is one that has a side button (like stock) or one with a button on the top. Also, fyi, all MOMO shift knobs are basically universal - they are held in with hex screws and rubber adapters.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
its possible to make it work, u just have to cut out a bracket and a spring and you'll never have to press a button or your brake again to put it into gear

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
yeah **** happens, to me.... lol that happened in my old car once, i was going downhill, taking corners pretty fast, and my backpack flew off the passenger seat into the shift knocking it into R. it was going so fast that R was just like N and i dont think any damage was done..... that was on a chevy th350 trans though, not a ****ty ford trans. if that happened in the mx6 i could imagine seeing a spider gear or something flying straight through the hood lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i'm not to sure if there is a button or not, of course you only really see one side of it...maybe there is one in front. 100 bucks does seem alittle out there. Hey zoomzoom you think you might be able to direct me to some where that might have some just as good looking but cheaper and not ichibahn i don't like there stuff to much. thanks.

coup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts