Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I borrowed one of the 3/4 front view pics and set to work yet again! Here's what I came up with...

Here's my best approximation of Honda's Neutron Blue color that was made quasi-famous by the previous-gen Civic Si.

This color is one I felt like trying just for the hell of it. It's Candy Apple Red, which bascially involves a gold base coat with a transparent red over. This was my first try, so it's a bit rough. I may experiment with stuff like this in the future, though.

Here's a green for ya... I wasn't sure whether to try for teal or forest green. This is another one that I'll be improving in the future.

More peachiness! :) Here's one where I did a lot of fiddling with hue and individual RGB settings. To me it resembles the multihue paint BASF developed.

Strawberry again :eek: I think I need to stop watching Sailor Moon so much :D

Here's a bluey-violety color. Methinks it resembles Dodge's Patriot Blue to an extent.

But I saved the best for last... my beloved yellow!

G

·
definitely the second or the last one!!! the blue's too common and makes u think of a civic. never mind that. it would be sweet if u could do the exact color shown!!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
WOW!!!

That is so cool. I'm in a computer lab at Texas A&M right and everyone just looked at me when I shouted holy sh#t! That is so cool. WAY COOL! I like the peach color. They are all way too pimp!!! And lastly what type of body kit is that. I like it...not too overstated. Can you tint the windows on the car and show the pics? PLEASE?!!!

THX for making my day!

G

·
Hey appollo.....do you think you could do one in like a BRIGHT ORANGE?!?!?!! id like to c that becuase i wanan get mine painted real bright orange...thanx

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
JPMX6GT said:
I really like the orange color. Has anyone seen Don's Probe from NEPO. Yeah he has a nice color... I would also like to see my car in a nice dark, deep blue...
i believe i have seen it the probe. i think it was at MM2000. i didnot go to it but saw a pic of it on the net. i am going this year, so. later man

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Wanna share some secrets with us???

Hey Apollo-Soyuz 1975, wanna share the secret of doing this with us? It would be nice to know how to do that. Photoshop I guess it is what you use? What version? I would greatly appreciate if you can guide me with this one.
Thanks
Mici

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a hint: Layers and opacity adjustment are your best friends ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've always been a fan of the weird Audi TT colors.

I only used Replace Color, in image, with max Fuzziness.

[Edited by rmtaylor on 03-05-2001 at 12:12 AM]

·
Registered
287 Posts
You mean something like this?

Ryan

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah definitely not with that color body :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
How about a deep purple? I think that would be really cool!! :)

G

·
how do u do that

how do u do that to your car, i mean change the color on the pics, is it a program or what. please respond
thanks
ryan

1 - 20 of 37 Posts