Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a new exhaust system on my mx-6 or at least a new muffler. (94 LS V6 base) What kind of system should i put on for more HP and a louder engine? Also, about how much is that gonna put me back? (money wise)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
welcome to the mx6.com web page, we use this really cool feature called a search, if u look up in the right hand conner u will see it, do a search for what u asked and u will find tons of stuff for it and u might also want to visit probetalk.com

·
Registered
291 Posts
And if you're just lazy...

You should go ahead and do a custom one, as opposed to buying the Greddy or other pre-made ones... You can go to your local muffler shop and have them make you a cat-back exhaust. Mine took about 45 minutes and cost 205 bones. All the piping is custom and I have a Magnaflow muffler. A premade set up will probably set you back around 500 bucks...

Best of luck...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey i have a four banger mx-6 but if you really want to add an aggressive sound to your engine put and intake in. I put a muffler on my car first and got no power gains and a nice sound but kind of farty, but i just put a ractive intake in last week and got noticable power gains between 4 and 6 grand on the tach. it also snarls at you when you rev it or accelerate hard (very nice sound). Id go with taht if you want power.

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i have the 6 banger and my piping is custom made but my muffler is a naxos if u want the full sound and power u need full custom piping like me and a good muffler. you will feel the gains and the noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts