Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I love the overall look of the car.

kitted car + no wing = sexy:D

The hood looks strange though with that big gap, I've noticed iton just about every mx6, some more than others. you should look into a cf hood, it would look great with that color, and might reduce that gap :tup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that gap isnt nearly as bad as it looks in the pictures. i realized after i took the pictures that the hood was popped. the bumper and the hood actually line up pretty good.

the paint does look 10 times better in person. pictures dont do any justice for that color

·
Registered
102 Posts
nice **** mayne...Damn, i wish our rodes here in Huntsville werent that bad..I woulda been had me a full body kit...Oh well I'mma stick to interior ya dig..nice **** mayne..Feelin the "no wing" style...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Love the kit with no spoiler, our cars always look best without a spoiler I think. I don't think the camera does the paint justice, definatly looks good. If you dont mind me asking, how much did the paint cost you?

-Bryce

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the paint itself is called garnet pearl and it is one of the most expensive shades of red there is. i paid 480 dollars for one gallon of it. i tried some cheaper shades but i didnt like any of them. i guess its just like everything else u get what u pay for so i dished out the money. im done spending money on the exterior now im working on the interior and the engine. i almost have all parts for my turbo and then its going to dangerous dan. thanks for the comments guys and gals. (See that Ruby i didnt mess it up like everyone else)

·
Registered
78 Posts
is that ppg paint.... thats an interesting effect... if you ever do any changes... you could do racing stripes with a different color pearl...

reds get expensive... red is the only pigment that they cannot recreate. but i do believe that blue blood red by house of color is the most $$$.. but still.. *nice*

·
Registered
156 Posts
keep the rims real to the MX6, and use some bigger tires!! and that chrome aint helping either... get some silver (or anything other than chrome) touring rims, and with 17's, get 45 series tires. Other than that, car is GREAT...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Damn! MX-Sick stole my comment! I would recommend getting either black w/ a polished lip deep dish wheels or some gunmetal ones. That would look really nice. Maybe 17s, to fill up the lateral wheel gap some. Also, some new headlights would totally finish the look. And where are your tails? Are you getting some new ones put in or something along those lines?
Crooks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i havent gotten around to putting my tails back in yet. i cant decide if im gonna smoke em or not. what do u think about angel eye headlights with the black covers? i was contemplating gettin those. i did a photoshop but its hard to tell from that. its just not the same as the real thing. and i like my wheels. i hate gunmetal and black rims. i think it ruins a look unless the car is silver or blue. but anyway thanks for the comments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yeah the site says they are 17 but they look more like 14 in the pic. Maybe some tires with a little more meat on them will help fill the gap. Other than that i like that car alot, at first i thought that was water on your car though lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those wheels are definitely 17's. trust me i buy the expensive a$$ rubber for them all the time. those 40 series tires look like crap i agree. i got them cheap and i needed tires so thats whats on them for now. i usually run 45 or 50 but i think 45 looks the best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts