Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice pics-clean a$$ ride

Car looks good.I have a question 'bout you're panasonic head unit-does it work well,any pros or cons about them,just wonderin 'cause I looked at a couple today and was considering purchasing one.(other options are sony x-plod w/ active black display,alpine model cda7863>(I'm lookin for a unit that has at least 40wX4 w/ no less than 2 pre-outs and be a CD player)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
love the unit

i have had nothing but positive reactions with my head unit. i love it. no problems whatsoever and it has a lot of options on it too (disc names, etc.)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
My head unit

I have an Alpine CDM-7861 head unit and it's awesome. It's 45W*4. It ran about $400 including installation and parts. I would suggest the Alpine but that's just me. It kicks much ass and looks really good. I have a 2nd gen and it matches the black dash and green dash lights real well. That's my two cents... and plus it sounds real good if you put a woofer in with it. REAL GOOD!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for your input u 2,Currently I'm running a Clarion DRX8175 W/ cd changer controls,30wX4,&3pre-outs(only useing 2)It's not bad,but I could have better,I'm sure.Also I'm running two 10"& two 12" subs,off two separate amps.

P>S-sorry 'bout taken this off topic 93_black_beauty

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey dude, looks great. exactly the things i wanna do to my car. Just a few questions for ya. In some pics, you have chrome rims, fogs and the stock side markers. In others u have no fogs, alloys and cleared sides. Which are the old pics and which are the new ones? Also what did u do with the parking lights/blinkers? Did u just change the bulb or the whole lense? What size rims are those? thanks man.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the pics with no fogs and clear side marker lights are the old ones. i got the right marker light busted out so i put the stock ones back in. the blinker lights are just purple/blue bulbs behind the lens. and the wheels are the same in all pics. the ones where they aren't shiney they aren't polished. they are actually aluminum but i got this high dollar stuff that chromed them up for me (nothing at auto stores worked) i went to a custom hot rod shop to get it. the wheels are stock size with a little bit lower profile tires. i don't know the size off hand.

thnx for the props!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Dude whats the name of the plish u used to chrome up your rims cause they look great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
polish

the polish is called "pro liquid buffer". and i haven't found it at any retail stores at all. i got it from a freind of mines dad that used to own a custom hot rod shop. its $20 per bottle and i have used it i would say 5 times and the bottle is half gone. but it works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts