Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 6 the other day. I was in third (and I think I was starting to apply the brakes), and suddenly I hear this strange sound, like if i was dragging a piece of my car. (I first thought my rear spoiler had fallen) I pulled to side of the road to look, but saw nothing. I did, however, smelled a burnt sent coming from my rear right tire.

I took my car into the shop and had all the brakes looked at. I went as far as to get '95 calipers for all my wheels. (I want my ride to be safe; I take no chances)

And guess what?

<start venting here>

Mr. Mechanic tells me I should "look into putting some money toward the ball bearings, 'cause they are starting to make noise, and that blah, blah, blah.... $200 parts & labor." I remained silent with a dazed and blank expression on my face. He asks, "What's wrong?"...<pause>...'What's wrong?' Let me tell what was 'wrong!' I just paid him $550 for crying out loud! Now, I get the pleasure of tossing him "$200" more! Whopppie-f__king-do!

anyway...

Getting back home, still upset from spending $550, I too quickly opened my car door and hit the side of my house. Who the !#$* invented stucco?!? (He problably never owned a newly painted car that SOB!) Needless to say, I stripped off some of my newly painted paint.

What else could go wrong, you ask??? Let me tell you...

On the freeway, tonight, I hear the same f__king sound! I was going into fourth, and the dragging noise came back. It came back! Sonoff__kenbitch! WTF is gonna happend next?!?

<stop>
<take deep breath here>
<slowly count to 3 here>
<exhale here>

So, yeah, what could be wrong with my car? The dragging noise, I mean. Please help.

`jjj

·
Registered
511 Posts
just a thought: maybe they didn't release the e-brake cable on the rear brakes?

just throwing out an idea

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Surfstar for the attempt, but I figured out what was wrong. It turns out that some sort of cover (underneath the front of the car) was not properly screwed back in. My guess is that the body shop took it off to install my body kit, and then did a half-ass job putting it back together. At the right conditions, the cover would flutter and make noise.

The brakes was another, separate issue. It just so happened that it occured at the same time.

Well I'm off to the dealer to get some bearings...

`jjj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts