Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just gotta do some minor stuff to be finished, fuel pump, fuel pressure guage sending unit, close up open wastegate, and xmember. . . .cant wait.

i used the rear unused vac nipple to put on a vaccum hose and an adaptor to fit the fitting the boost guage came with. works perfect, boost/vac works perfect.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ran batt under door sill and firewall to back under carpet in rear seats and around behind trunk carpet. feed fitting worked perfectly, not sure why some have trouble removing sensor.

NV guages, boost/vac, a/f, fuel pressure, ............ill get it tunned later!

·
Registered
141 Posts
looks good! Are you planing on doing more than the FMU with your fuel? other than the fuel pump. Also did you run your 1/4 mile with the stock fuel system with the FMU?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thnx, yes I do plan on doing more than fmu. I am currently doing research on wut I can do. dont plan on goin with ms but another type of piggy back or alternative. It's currently on a 10:1 fmu and stock pump. and I can tell you now that's not enough. I'm still on the early stages in getting familiar with the new set up. plus it has major lag. I'm going to try to secure vris open to see the difference. I'll keep u posted on progress. I'm sure it's not running at it's potential at 5lbs cuz of lack of fuel. so I gotta try to go that asap. Never took it to track. Just got installed about two weeks ago. I'll take when I have a more stable fuel set up or tune.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
why dont you just clock the turbo around so you can get rid of that 90* coupler?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why dont you just clock the turbo around so you can get rid of that 90* coupler?
then i would have to do some more fabbin with the intake setup. and since its my daily, this is a fully functional setup. so there will be no need for it unless i plan on upping the boost enough for an intercooler.

at least this way it looks nice and clean and somewhat a natural look. unlike some other set ups ive seen with interesting pipe work. im still deciding if i want to cover the piping with black flex hose to give it a more stockish look or for the tb elbow at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts