Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any help? '93 MX6 LS

I worked on my brakes to get the car ready for state inspection, had to replace the the rear rotors and had the front cut. Now I have a brake light on the instrument panel, any suggestions?

I also have a air bag code, #12, one web site told me that was low voltage, low voltage where? Can I reset these codes?

Also, anyone else have badly ozidized paint? Is a paint job the only answer to this?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome,

Okay, the fluid resevoiur on these motors tends to complain even it drops a tad below the MAX mark. Just ensure you top it up just above the max, light should go out.

Code 12, now depending on how your pulling the codes and were you got the info from.. code 12 could be Throttle position sensor, or it could also be left front wheel speed sensor,and considering you have just had the brake calipers changed, i would just ensure this has been re-seated correctly.

Clearence of codes is done by removing the positive battery terminal connection, ignition set to on, and press the brake peddle for about 30 secs. reconnect and the codes should have cleared, if fixed.
How did you obtain your code ? here is a link to thread giving details on how to obtain engine fault codes. http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64282

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, I did put more fluid in the power brake resivoir and the light went away, thanks again. I was able to determine the problem with my electric antennae, the previous owner had put in an aftermarket stereo, and evidently, an incomplete installation. I was able to determine the wiring, and it works fine now.

As for the fault code, it is a air bag code, not an engine code. I'll post a new post to ask again.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts