Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed the MOT this morning, i was present and close by and afterwards he said he could'nt find a single thing to say.

They are very thorough aswell, log on to the ministry computer, all the latest equipment and stuff.

The front and rear brakes were all in balance.
No suspension issues.
The emissions were extremely low, nowhere near the limits.

Its now got 13 months MOT!!!!! :D

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
hehe... well done
It is satisfying knowing that the car has gone trough 1st time without any issue.
I was well cheffed when mine did that last month.

Did you get one of those new extra huge MOT certificates then?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep got the computerised job.

With these and your road tax renewal you can tax your car 'on line' - instead of standing behind a soap dodger at the Post Office!

You know if you go back for a re test now they have to log back on to the ministry computor when you arrive which knows how long it should be until the emissions are retested so the tester cant just check you done the repairs and send you off again, you have to wait so that the emissions retest is done 'at the correct time' so to speak.

Where will it all end? They will make it harder and harder for people to run 'older' cars i think - Except Mazdas of course!

The tester said its VERY rare to see a Mazda fail the emissions.

Steve

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the MOT tester wad so impressed he took my number cos his brother might want to buy it........... he's ran a 92' 626 from new and loves it to bits but has been 'thinking' of changing.

He lives on the Isle of White apparently so the car might end up 'emigrating'.

Watch this space?

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Well Rosie went in today for her yearly checkup too ... pfft piece of cake she said... dont why these guys are bothering ! :D No advisories, just a comment about how jap motors just run and run and a fancy printed MOT. Also confirmed she only gets a Std emissions test due to being a June 92, that will be a test pipe fitted soon then }) . Just to think.. 13 1/2 years old as well ... why did i not get into this jap motor scene earlier.

Oddy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nice one, it does help to look after your motor though, you could soon let things slip and end up with a load of silly/minor MOT problems.

If you're into cars you tend to check, listen, smell, feel things - jump on top of jobs that need doing and sort them out quick..... some 'motorists' let the MOT man tell them whats wrong and then go fix it once a year........mad eh?

Good to hear your car is still in excellent order.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
As previously posted, mine passed today with only two tyres, low headlight and an emissions fail (put the cat back on - 2 new rear tyres - "shouldrered" and a quick turn of the screwdriver on the headlight) - try putting a 10 year old Ford/Vauxhall/Rover through a test at that age - it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

(Happy):jump: G

1 - 10 of 10 Posts