Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's that time of year again and she went in for an MOT today (bear in mind tester last year gave me an advisory on rear brake pipes and a front disc that has a "lip", possible struts - bear in mind I've been running a 35mm drop on standards, could be CV boot probs, etc etc) - She failed :cry: - on two rear tyres being "shouldered", one low headlight, and the emissions being sky high:jump:

Easy - two new rear tyres :jump: , quick turn of the screwdriver to adjust the headlamp :jump:, and - put the cat back on :V NOOOOOOOOOOO - it's been on for five minutes (retest tomorrow) and it's, well it's , it's QUIET!!!!!!! - lost the accelleration and (did I say) it's QUIET!!!!!!!!

On the whole, quite happy - as John said to me earlier - just your normal consumables, and for a 10 year old car - I'm happy (did I mention the cat:V )

Shining example of Japanese craftmanship - oh, and I've seen two other 6's today - see MX6 spotting thread.

G

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Mot

Surprising that the MOT tester did not notice there was no cat fitted !

ifc

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
that's alright! The struts were sound then?

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
As I said to Graeme, it boild down to wear and tear of normal cosumable items, things which would be replaced anyway, and just a bit of routine adjustment...

The only thing bothering me is the "sky high" emissions... I reckon, if our engines are running "spot on", they may almost go through the emission test without a cat...
The Cat is just the final link in the chain, and mainly reduces the very low emissions, to virtually nothing..

G never said what was high... CO or HC, or how high they were.. but the usual reasons are the O2 sensors, or dirty airfilter... maybe time to pull the codes??? it won't hurt to check anyway..

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts