Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI -
My '91 red paint was starting to offend the neighbors, just used Mother's Cleaner Wax today..... unbelievable results! Even the bumpers (plastic) have a brilliant shine. It buffed out most of the oxidation, paint looks deep again.
lino

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey, thanks for the heads up Lino! I was gonna try that new turtle wax, the kind that color matches, and has a little lipstick looking thing to fill in scratches, but, the only two colors available at the parts stores here are red and black, and I have a blue car. I think I'll try the mothers, I've tried rubbing compound, and it works, but, it's damn hard work to do a whole car. The hood alone took me like 3 or 4 hrs. How hard was this stuff to use? Do you have to rub forever? Does it apply and wipe off easily?

G

·
0 Posts
My uncle has that stuff. He used a little on my car once and all he did was rub it in once. It works great! I haven't been able to find any around here though! I also looked for that color match stuff too and they only had red and black at Autozone

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wax is goes on easy, just used a terry cloth and a little pressure, then I borrowed an orbital buffer from a friend of mine. Not only did it turn out great, the buffer does most of the work! I'm sold, next payday has orbital buffer written all over it. (oh... and rent and car payment and food shopping too)
lino

·
Registered
666 Posts
Actually, I bought a bottle of this stuff after your post, $4.99... Bought the terry cloth towels, $3.79 for 3. It didn't work very well though. I think maybe a buffer would help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Color Match Stuff

Anyone know how good that stuff works? My car is black.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The color match stuff actually works very well, I used to use some on my Altima, my wife <girlfriend at the time> backed it out of a driveway, and went off the side a little and scraped one side against a small shrub. Scratches from front to back, literally. Used a couple of applications, and unless you got RIGHT up on the car, you couldn't see the scratches at all. I really wish I could find it in blue for my car now....

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Texas - sorry it didnt work out for you. You may be right, the buffer might be the reason for my better results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts