Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to order motor mounts before the carparts.com 25% off coupon expires. All I need is the front and rear tranny mount, to stop the engine from rocking back and forth. I dont know which ones to get though. So far I'm looking at part# 8085, which is obviously the engine to crossmember mount. Now the rear one is where I get confused. There's a #8088 listed as the rear mount, however there's also # 8511, which is a tranny mount. Which one is it?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I still think it's #8088. I have to pick up some parts on Tuesday from Mazda, so I'll ask the guy which one it is for you then. So if you don't figure it out by then, you'll know after Tues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The motor mounts are a big mess. I had to go through a big mess to get right ones. I ended up getting the right engine mount from AUtozone $128.00. The other three mounts are listed as the left front(#8085) and rear (#8088) engine mounts, the one that is right below the air fliter box is the transmission(#8511) mount. I got the trans and the left front mounts also at autozone ($45, $30). I ended up going to a forien parts store (DAP/GENO) to get the rear enine mount ($35). Nobody seems to have all of the right part for the mx-6. They kept giving me the left front engine mount for the rear one. hope you don't have as much trouble.. I found out that the tranny mount was the problem. It destroyed the other two as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts