Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought all four motor mounts and will put them in this Saturday. Just wanted to know if anybody had done all four. The front two look easy, wasn't sure about the bottom two. Thanks
Oh yeah, thanks Rendell for the sig pic:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Were they performance motor mounts, or stock, and how much? Im looking to upgrade my motor mounts to compensate for my rebuilt (modified) motor.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the OEM Mazda replacements, I don't know of any uerethane replacements. They were $320 for all four.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You can urethanize them yourself!

Go to the local Home Depot type place and buy a tube of polyurethane for a cualk gun and fill the air spaces in the mounts with the stuff...allow 2 days for it to cure. I did it and it works great.
You probably saw my post about this from about a month ago:

http://www.mx6.com/mx6_board.html/showthread.php3?threadid=1034

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Hey Antisuv

Do you think it would be worth it to do this to new mounts or would the old mounts work just as well?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well with your mileage....

Because you have a highish mileage car (like mine) and becuase you are running higher boost, I would say you should get new mounts. You COULD repair the ones you have with the polyurethane stuff I guess and that would work OK, (I know they are expensive!) But doing that way you might end up with something equivelant to new stock mounts instead of stiffer than stock mounts. It's your call man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts