Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace their motor mounts? I was wondering if I should get OEM replacements, MazdaSpeed, or if there are any others out there that would be better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
About 6 months ago i had to replace all four motor mounts and two tranny mounts. it is very costly but i got it done through my warranty at the dealership so i dont know what type of replacements they used.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I replaced my motor mounts with Mazda OE ones.. You could go with firmer or even solid mounts but that depends on what you use the car for.. I recomend the OE ones because they're comfortable for day-to-day driving.

G

·
I would go with MAzda OE ones. Because i think those motor mounts areliquid filled, and the are actually damn goo, well that's what i am going with at least.

Keith,
INtake, dual exahaust, 75 shot of NOS,carnon fiber interior, strut brace,

·
Registered
123 Posts
MazdaMan83 said:
I would go with MAzda OE ones. Because i think those motor mounts areliquid filled, and the are actually damn goo, well that's what i am going with at least.

Keith,
INtake, dual exahaust, 75 shot of NOS,carnon fiber interior, strut brace,

They are liquid filled and are damn good. :) I replaced mine with Mazda OE and find them great.

G

·
I would suggest you fet a solid ones. Although they are harsher, the make a night a day difference when you luanch. I only have one now , the one in that connects to the tranny and I can feel somehting. I cant wait till I get the others replaced. The stock one is only good for stock applications, ie under 200Hp. But anthing after that they dont perform as good. Although many wont see past that number it still doesnt hurt to get solid ones plus they are cheaper!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can you get solid ones though? I'm doing the mounts soon, because I'm putting in a KLZE and I was worried that the OEM ones wouldn't last. Especially since I already have two that are thrashed now and I haven't even started to mod my engine yet.

G

·
What you do is bring the motor mount into a machine shop. have them weld two circle plates at the end. Thats what I did, cast is about $35 per mount.

G

·
94mx-6 said:
Sorry this is dumb but do you take the old ones or do you have to get new ones first.
There is no dumb questions. If you have the time i would resue the old ones, but if you dont want any down time then get some new ones. But just use the old ones, if you are spending the money to get new ones, why bother...

·
Registered
806 Posts
I know Travis Williams used to make the solid motor mounts. He had some sitting there last time I was at his shop. He might ship them to you if you promise to send your mounts back to him. His user name is Travis WilliamsGT and I think he moderates one of the forums here or you can look for him at Probetalk in the NEPO forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts