Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I have the temperature sensor of motor that goes spiral in the butt has two pins, sabeis that resistance gives between contacts? it measures about 2500 ohms to me and when warming up it measures about 100 ohms less to me but

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Hi, what model and what year is your car (where are you located too, that can decide some differences between the models)

Also where is the sensor ? pics ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re:

the car is of year 1991, in the technical card puts that he is inportacion Japan, I am of Spain, valencia.es 626 gt 2,0 150cv 16v 4 wells, is the sensor that this threading in the winged butt of the goad of water cold entrance of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
If the "sensor" is in the bottom of the radiator, the odds are its the same as the GD 1021 models with the F2 and F2T.

Here is a thread I posted up on relocating it http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-general/204660-relocating-radiator-water-thermo-switch.html

see the pic of the sensor, is this is what yours looks like, then its likely to be a water thermo switch, and if its the same as mine then it should be near enough to 0 Ohms above 17degC and open circuit resistance below.

easy way to tell, is take the switch out and put it in the freezer (or fridge) and measure the resistance.

You will find the real sensor to be located in or near the thermostat housing, where the hot water exits the head on its way to the top of the radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts