Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These searches turn up too much general stuff and not what I am specifically looking for.

I recently bought a turbo setup of a 90 GT mx6 from the junk yard. engine was good but the rear end was mashed up. My question is can I put the turbo on my 2nd g 2.0. Is there some kind of adapter that I could use for the exhaust manifold or do I have to get one from another car that would fit. what else would I need.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It won't bolt on, but if you had a custom turbo manifold made and with a little fabrication you should be able to get it to work. But if you're going to go through all that, you should consider a higher quality turbo setup. There are many that require the same amount of fabrication as getting the turbo off the old mx6's to work, but a far better.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not looking into gaining alot of hp. I would like to have a turbo in my car running around 4-7 psi. But isnt there a way that a welding shop can make a custom adapter? instead of having to make a new manifold? just wondering. and if some one could post pics of a turbo 1st g GT and how the it connects with the intercooler.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
at least you tried searching:sigh: this topic comes up all the time. Is it possible, of course it is, anything is. is it worth it? no. there is no way the turbo pipes will fit. you will need all new turbo pipes, the turbo is very small, thats why lots of people replace them. you would not be happy with the small turbo. the intercooler is too restricive, you will want a new intercooler, so yea can you do it? yes do you want to no. If your serious about goin turbo though you will need more then just the turbo setup. you will need fuel mods, banjo bolt mod, fuel pump, fpr, you will need a boost controller, wastgate,bypass or blow off valve........the list goes on

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe the name of the first gen 6 engine is the F2 and F2-T = Turbo. The FS-01,02 and 03 are the engines from the 2nd gen (4cyl). I believe it is possible to have just an adapter put on, but this will probably cost some money, unless you are doing the work yourself.

RacingMazda.com has a nice (4cyl) kit for our vehicle. The price is about 3 grand. Really good price for a good quality turbo kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts