Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im kindof lost at this point. I got the files, but I dont know exactlly what I need to compile/run the movie.

Can anyone give some insight?

I have some 720p format videos that when I downloaded them it only gave me a .mkv and .svf (or .srt) file

I also have some 1080p that I got files .r00-.r80 with the .sfv also

If I use Winrar on the .rXX files it extracts a .mkv file.

So basically do I have to extract each of the .rXX files or do I leave them as is? What do I need to play these besides a x264 codec?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I'm using mpcstar 2.1 for my .mkv movies, watching batman begins in 1080p as we speak. I only extract one and it gives me the whole movie, then I delete them all.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thats what I thought becuase I tried extracting 2 of them and it was just the same file.

Why do they put so many files in? It would make the download alot faster if they just put what you needed. Maybe its so you seed it longer :shrug:

Edit -Sidenote, where do you get your movies from? I used the pirate bay for about 6 of them but it took about 3 days for each movie.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So MPC star works for me however the new indiana jones is in a foreign language with subtitles and From Hell is in english with foreign subtitles.

Zohan is good though, Have yet to test the rest of them.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next question is if it is possible to burn these to a disc so it is playable in any ol' DVD player?

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
why are you downloading hi def content, just to burn to a DVD? :)

in MPC, right click while the movie is playing, there should be an audio/subtitles option.

turn off subtitles.

Also - there are quite a few releases of different films.. many in other languages - what were the *exact* names of the torrents you downloaded?

subtitles are easy to change.. you can even download new ones, for different releases out there... but if it was ripped in a different language - most distributions dont include alternate audio tracks... to keep size down... so you're stuck. download the english version instead.

re: burning to dvd - since you're stealing stuff off the internet anyways.. look for "total video converter" - another program i've used is "winavi" - its not just for avi's though.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I only really want the movies for myself. I was more or less wondering if the blu-ray burner actually works or not :) Wanted to give it a test run.

If its going to be to much trouble Ill just say fuggit and keep them for myself on the "storage" HDD.

Edit - I have the software to burn to the BD, I just need to know what format BD and DVD players will read universally.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
dollar for MB - HDD storage is cheaper than bludisc, by far.

either set it up as a media center PC, or get a popcorn hour.

I've run both, and prefer the PCH because its self contained, neetworked, and i don't have to think about it. just turn it on use the remote and go... just like a DVR (except for your *own* media library)

if sticking with PC, there's a few other options to make it more automated.. like media lobby programs, etc...

but frankly.. with 1TB external drives hitting 120.00 if you shop around... and 2TB drives under 200 soon... there's no reason not to just use a hdd.

hell - if you want, buy a 1TB or greater drive, and ship it to me.. i'll copy all of my popular HD content onto it, and send it back to you to start off your library. ( i have a bunch of esoteric shit too, and anime, etc... probably 3TB so far.. but about 1TB of "top 40" type movies.. stuff everyone likes.. including the ones you've listed.

This offer stands for anyone interested. Send me a drive, i'll copy my ish onto it.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It already is a media center PC. Its hooked up to my 7.1 in wall surround and 42" LCD. :lol:

I have 800 gig of storage for now, when I get more content loaded onto the 500 gig (my storage drive) I will get another minimum 1 TB drive.

My dual raptor X in raid 0 is about 70% full with games right now.

It was if any of my friends wanted some movies I would have them buy the discs...

And fuck you shoulda told me about shipping you a drive. I just placed an order with newegg yesterday for my carputer parts. :)

Ill be shipping you a 1TB drive then, I just need to get it ordered today :) PM shipping addy please :tup:

I assume you can work with an internal SATA drive? Cause thats what I would prefer I have 3 internal HDD bays left and 4 5.25 bays of free space. You would like me to format the drive and get it prepped?

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
I can work with an SATA int. no problemo. I prefer external (for my own uses) only because i'm running a SFF pc.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered the drive, it should be here by the end of this week.

Ill format it so you dont have to waste time messing with it :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
:tup:

keep the original box - they're usually packed pretty well.. i'll send it back in that too, obviously.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
I might just take you up on that as well Steve. :)

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Double Post! :E

I just found some great software that converts MKV files into MPG files, called MKV2VOB. Why would I want to do that? Because my PS3 can't play streamed MKV files, but it can play streamed MPG files. ;) It still looks HD and even retains the 5.1 surround data. :D

Hell, can't complain.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its going in the mail tommorow.

I should have paypal'd you and have you buy it to save shipping. Its only like 5 bucks and 3 extra days so no biggie. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So another question. I have watched about 5 movies now on MPC star. Its like a 50-50 chace I have to delay the audio by a half a second which doesnt bother me. What bothers me is playing 1080p at fullscreen every now and then it will freeze the video for a split second, then pop back to normal. Doesnt normally bug me unless it happens in a fast paced action scene.

Anyways, I have re-wound (per say) and tried to get it to err in the same place twice and it appears its not the file. Im wondering if its MPC star because my rig has more than enough power to run these at full screen 1080p.

3.0 Ghz quad core
2- 8800GT Vid cards SLI.
4 gig of ram.

Any recomendadtions as to seeking out the problem?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Stealth, you send out those cards yet? :D

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
try vlc and see if it still skips then.

sometimes things are just encoded poorly... they'll skip on anything, because they spike to over 100mb/s bandwidth trying to synch the audio and video (uncompressed bd is 30mb/s roughly)

whenever i get a shitty rip, i'll remux it. (google remux) and it'll turn out fine.

btw - drive received. I'll commence some transferring tomorrow at work lol. I probably won't get it back out to you until monday or tuesday though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts