Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a banner weekend for my car. First I stripped the clearcoat off of my wheels and then the moving seatbelt things stopped working. I took both of my seats out to clean the carpet and put my amplifiers under the seats. There is a little connector under the drivers seat that I disconnected which looks like it has something to do with the seatbelts. I reconnected it before I put everything back together. What could it be? Everything else works just fine. Also, the little buzzing sound that I used to get when I took out the shoulder strap doesn't happen anymore. The sealtbelt light still lights up when I start but it goes off afterward. I'm doing a search now.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, mechanically they are OK. The problem is electrical. Fuse is good. Anyone know what I should check or replace?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump!

Anyone had this happen before? I need to fix it because the car is up for inspection. It won't pass if the seatbelts aren't working.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
if you take out the connector switch and manually crank the seat belts to the top, then that will bypass the electronic control of it, thus making them 'normal' seat belts, so they should pass inspection...if not then go to a more liberal inspection center :eek:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I want the seatbelts to work again. I guess I will break down and buy a manual. I should have one anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts