Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting all my crap organised so i can make a move back to perth next year, and was just wondering what suburbs are good to live in these days, and which ones are no-no's??? (haven't lived in perth for like 8 years).

Also... what is the mx6 scene like over there?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well I live in Leeming, and thats one of the better south of the river suburbs... Everything along South St is a good buy, not too far towards freo though, otherwise your freo hippy density increases! haha. I dont really know the north of the river suburbs.

The MX6 scene, well we got about 3-4 1st gens, 3-4 2nd gens... 3 of the 2nd gens reguarly come out (EMEX6, D34TH, MAC) - but we also have Myself, Pacman, Jmoore, Vibes reguarly cruising with them, there is a cruise every weekend, if not every 2nd weekend! Just contact one of us once your here!

Btw - Wise move, Perth > The rest!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course contempo... i have always loved perth... i was gonna move back 2 or 3 years ago, but my fiance didn't wanna leave.
I've finally convinced her to move once exams are finished and we find jobs over there.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
good job!! perth is the best really.

most of the northern suburbs are pretty much the same as 8 yrs ago. ie balga is still balga (except now its been split into West Minister and Balga)
DONT live in or near clarkson tho. thats the new balga (its actually 10x worse really)
also i wouldnt live near booragoon or cannington. everywhere else is pretty much ok

(no offense to anyone living in these 'burbs btw :p)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Come to kingsley :p, great suburb, and it would be nice to see another 626 / mx6 besides mine in here lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
top 5 suburbs to live in, peppermint grove, dalkieth, mosman park, south perth, applecross
top 5 suburbs you should avoid, koondoola, girrawheen, mirrabooka, balga, booragoon

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
accoring to contempo dont move to mandurah full of bogons :p

where do you want to live ?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Central is good... easy to get around with public transport etc etc. but then you dont get much living space, unless you are a millionare :)

I guess it depends where you are working, and how much you are willing to spend on rent. Around my area, Maylands/Mount Lawley, expect to pay $170 or so for a 2brm unit, and for a 2brm unit with aircon expect around $190 or so.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I never considered booragoon a bad suburb... oh well, never lived south of the river myself but my grandparents lived in Ardross, which is between Applecorss and Attadale which are both sweet.

Very few places in Perth that you would be able to afford to buy your first house on an average single income. I guess for that reason a mates place that he bought in Westminster about one and three quarter years ago is now worth 50% more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can personally vouch for Ferndale. Owned a house here for the last 5years and loved it. Only 15mins from Perth City, bus stop out the front and lotsa pools for Summer fun.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yeah what Oaksey said, I never really thought Booragoon was bad? Considering is right next to Applecross, Ardross, Mt Pleasant, and its got Garden City smack bang in the middle, thought it would be a nice area?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
its got a rep as being an aboriginal hang out, same as cannington

FLIMX6, u most definitely forgot about clarkson as one of the top places NOT to live. its the most crime-ridden suburb out of the lot

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i used to live in coolbinia (spelling???)
and my nonno lives in west leederville which is a nice suburb

unfortunately i'll be renting for a while when we move over.

thanx for the headsup guys...
and keep it coming, it all helps me make a more informed decision.

P.S. my fiance wants to live in northside drive LOL...

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
hehe u got the cash to permanently live in a hotel? :p (i take it u meant riverside drive tho)

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
You guys can add Mirabooka and Malaga to ur 'not to live list' :p

Sorrento is also a fantastic suburb. :tup: (Thats where I live)
Much prefer it to Peppermint Grove. Everything there is well overpriced and too old there for my liking. Other suburbs like Hillarys, Ocean Reef, Como and Double View are also nice suburbs. Although Ocean Reef is very far away.
But not as far as bloody south of the river people live Contempo. Sif live south of the river })

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yeah lets just suggest all the hella expensive suburbs hey guys?

should live in ascot or something , vibes lives up that way and its pretty nice area hey, lots of apartments and stuff up that way, its just relatively hard trying to find housing sometimes these days in perth these days. Some moderatly good suburbs such as duncraig (NOR) and around there are pretty good, not too sure about south of the river but, thats in general :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts