Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, does anyone know of any car mp3 players, which are decent. Also if they know the cost of these units.

Im interested in an MP3 Deck since i have over 30 cd's full of mp3 music which could be good to use in the car.

- Darko

·
Registered
256 Posts
kenwood makes a decent mp3 player for the car...its rather expensive though...around 600 dollars. aiwa also makes one, but i have heard some bad things about it...plus the specs arent too great on it. you could always buy an mp3 player and hook it up to a stereo that is compatible with such devices.....

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nahhh i thought about the option of a portable mp3 player to hook up, but wanted everything to be built neatly into the car.

If anyone else knows anymore info on CAR MP3 players please post.

- Darko

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Oh, yeah go to competitionsound.com. They have that 600 dollar kenwood on sale for 299. i'm getting one so i'll tell you if its good or not.

·
Registered
609 Posts
competitionsound.com has to have the lowest prices on the web for stereo equipment. I have search and its the cheapest place I have found.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive looked up competitionsound.com, and the unit and price is great, only problem is Im in Australia....

Does anyone know of anyone who ships internationaly.

Ive also looked around some of the major car audio dealers here in Melbourne Australia and nobody seems to have any idea where I can get these MP3 units.

- Darko

·
Registered
488 Posts
You might be in luck SideFX.

My grandparents are coming out here to the states for my wedding next month from just outside Botany Bay. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the town, which is really pissing me off right now:mad: I was just there a year ago. Anyway I could pick one up for you and have them bring it back if you want. Only thing you need to amke sure of it what tuning system you use down there. I can't remember if Australian FM is on even or odd spacing increments. If it is even, like 101.2, 101.4, ..., then you won't be able to listen to the radio on an American unit.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The frequency spacing on our radios here, give you an example of stations are like this 101.1, 101.9, 89.9, 105.1, 102.7......

So does that mean ive got odd frequency???

- Darko

·
Registered
116 Posts
mp3

I am a computer programmer/technician. I have made three mp3 players for cars. One for a 96 Hyundai-sp? Elentra, one for a 99 dodge stealth and one for a 97 Chrylser Town and Country. I am not talking about a burn mp3 to cd and play, I am talkin about computer mounted in car that holds mp3's. My friend Brian with the stealth got a 75 gig hdd. To let you know, I have 2700 mp3's on my machine and it barely takes up 7 gig. He has room for about 50,000 mp3s. Anyways if anyone needs help or has questions about it give me a email @ [email protected]
-Shawn
:)mp3 Players

G

·
AIWA

Just got one of the AIWA CDC-MP3 players installed in my car...sounds great, looks good, and it only cost me $230 total including shipping. Check auctions on Ebay, there are always tons of mp3 cd players up for bids, usually pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
sony has a model as well

if you don't want to go kenwood or aiwa, sony also has a model of this cd deck. its an x-plod, i believe the model number is cdx-mp450 or something like that. it costs anywhere from 300 to 400 depending on where you get it. check www.crutchfield.com they might ship internationally who knows. good luck.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
I have Aiwa too. I'm happy with it. Looks better than I thought it would. No problems with the MP3 playing either, at least yet.
Mici

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, i've bought tye kenwood recently, and it cost arounf 380. The system is excellent.

If i were u, i wouldnt go for the sony.........

AOL: mh187, for further questions........

peace

·
Registered
200 Posts
I posted a thread about it earlier, but I don't know what happened to it so I will just ask here. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Clarion MP3 player? I know that it was supposed to have been released just recently. I have a Clarion CD player now & I was looking into getting the MP3 player when I get my 6, so I wanted to know how it compares to Kenwood or Aiwa. Thanks.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Niceeeee! How much did you pay for it? Looks good. However you can't play normal CD's wiw it. I'd like to have CD player too. Not always I have time to convert my new CD's to MP and then a CD player would be ideal. That's why I bought my Aiwa. And I am happy with it. And yes I do have more than just original speakers in my sound system.

Mici

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I think I paid a little over $500 for everything including the remote display panel and 30GB hard drive. I can still play CD's because it dosent replace my headunit. I have it plugged into the AUX IN of my Pioneer DEH-P875R. It is really time consuming to rip all of your CD's, I havent even ripped them all, just the ones i listen to the most or when I get new ones. The rest is just stuff I've downloaded. But I really love it. The sound quality is actually quite good (the S/N ratio could be better though). The only other design flaws I've had problems with are the fact that the remote display is kinda hard to see in sunlight, and the display sometimes dosent turn on, requiring me to power-cycle the unit a couple of times. The problem is because it dosent have a built in power regulator, so if i wired in an external one set to about 14 volts, the problem should go away. Here are some pics of my install:

http://www.geocities.com/anarchyx34/neopics/page_01.htm

It could be cleaner, but I'm lazy :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts