Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got the 6al msd, and i bought the blaster coil, the only thing, i didn't notice that the 93-97 626 have an internal coil. This sucks, in order for the ignition to work full i need the coil. The guy told me to add a special tower to the distributer cap so that i have a slot for a coil. But the only thing i have to rigg it up like drilling holes. Thats something i dont want to do, is anyone running msd on the 2.0, if so let me now how you did it.

mazda 626.......make that bitch fly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used to have a Civic that I did the external coil mod using MSD products. So I figured I could do the same thing with my 626. Go to Mazda and get a wiring diagram from the shop manual for the wiring system and just like the Honda find the 2 wires that connect to the internal coil. You can modify the cap just like the Hondas. The only reason I didn't keep it is because: 1: I use my car for everyday driving and 2: The higher voltage coil burns plugs a whole lot faster than the factory coil.
If you really want to do it, use quick connect terminals and have two dis. caps and when you go to the track you can use the external coil. But for me, right now there really is no need for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts