Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
msd disty modifacation please help. Does anyone have pics and info on how to do this?:help:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I modded the disty but I have like hickups as I drive I'm wondering if something is wrong. Do you have pictures of one done?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I assume you're using the MSD tower for the cap. What I did was drill through the center of the cap and removed the conductive nipple. Then, I stacked a bunch of washers up so that the head of the screw sits at about the same spot as the tip of the nipple did. I also had to cut down on the plastic tower to get the post to screw on. Also, are you using an HEI module or did you just run wires from the stock internal coil plug to the coil?

·
Registered
262 Posts
So you're not using an HEI module as well? If not, nothing is sending a trigger signal to the coil. You need to tap into the trigger wire on the distributor plug (the wire closest to the firewall on the 6-wire plug) and run a wire from that to something like a GM HEI module, which is then wired to the ignition coil, in order for it to spark correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts